• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football Staff Titles (?)

Hondo

Reaction score
Maybe I'm not alone in trying to figure how this will work....effectively.

Tim Billings - Co-Defensive Coordinator/Outside Linebackers
Brian Knorr - Co-Defensive Coordinator/Linebackers

Maybe this will simply be Billings being up in the press box with Knorr on the sidelines or vise versa....but who makes a final call(s) in-game ?

Tom Elrod - Passing Game Co-Coordinator/Quarterbacks
Lonnie Galloway - Passing Game Co-Coordinator/Wide Receivers
Steed Lobotzke - Offensive Coordinator/Offensive Line

I dunno....part of me thinks too many chiefs and not enough indians here. TWO passing game coordinators ?? It's almost suggestive of us going to a run & shoot offense....but under Jim Grobe ?? I doubt that. O.K., gonna assume Elrod will be upstairs with Galloway on the sidelines or vise versa. But wait a second....Lobo is officially still the Offensive Coordinator, right ? Does Lobo still have the final call(s) on all things 'offensive' ? Is Lobo now the Running Game Coordinator ? Are all 3 of them gonna have earphones to each other....3-way chats on the fly in-game ? I sure hope not. Wait a second again....

Billy Mitchell - Associate Head Coach/Running Backs/Kickers

Since Mitchell has the RB's, is he technically in charge of the running game ? Maybe Lobo was very delicately put in charge of just the OL ?

Still with me so far ?:confused:

Keith Henry - Assistant Coach/Special Teams Coordinator

Took Grobe waaaaay too long to emphasize this area IMO....just hoping Henry is capable at it. Personally thought Russ was potentially more a Bud Foster type intensity wise for this job but we'll see. But wait....shouldn't the kickers come under special teams now rather than continue under Mitchell ?

I think I need one of those Dick Tracey wrist-band decoders. Or maybe all these new titles are fluff and in reality meaningless, eh ?

Thoughts ?

Maybe I'm not alone in trying to figure how this will work....effectively.

Tim Billings - Co-Defensive Coordinator/Outside Linebackers
Brian Knorr - Co-Defensive Coordinator/Linebackers

Maybe this will simply be Billings being up in the press box with Knorr on the sidelines or vise versa....but who makes a final call(s) in-game ?

Tom Elrod - Passing Game Co-Coordinator/Quarterbacks
Lonnie Galloway - Passing Game Co-Coordinator/Wide Receivers
Steed Lobotzke - Offensive Coordinator/Offensive Line

I dunno....part of me thinks too many chiefs and not enough indians here. TWO passing game coordinators ?? It's almost suggestive of us going to a run & shoot offense....but under Jim Grobe ?? I doubt that. O.K., gonna assume Elrod will be upstairs with Galloway on the sidelines or vise versa. But
wait a second....Lobo is officially still the Offensive Coordinator, right ? Does Lobo still have the final call(s) on all things 'offensive' ? Is Lobo now the
Running Game Coordinator ? Are all 3 of them gonna have earphones to each
other....3-way chats on the fly in-game ? I sure hope not. Wait a second again....

Billy Mitchell - Associate Head Coach/Running Backs/Kickers

Since Mitchell has the RB's, is he technically in charge of the running game ? Maybe Lobo was very delicately put in charge of just the OL ?

Still with me so far ?:confused:

Keith Henry - Assistant Coach/Special Teams Coordinator

Took Grobe waaaaay too long to emphasize this area IMO....just hoping Henry is capable at it. Personally thought Russ was potentially more a Bud Foster type intensity wise for this job but we'll see. But wait....shouldn't the kickers come under special teams now rather than continue under Mitchell ?

I think I need one of those Dick Tracey wrist-band decoders. Or maybe all these new titles are fluff and in reality meaningless, eh ?

Thoughts ?

Actually this has been trending in College football. Heaven forbid Coach get accused of being on the cutting edge.

The WF set-up bears resemblance to what Dan Mullen is doing at Mississippi State.

Slapping coordinator on everyone's title does nothing, I would be curious as to how the responsibilities have changed, if at all.

Things got really complicated after my picture went viral, but some of my favorite titles for my staff are:

Foreskinner
Riley Reamus
King Dingaling
Quarterpacker with Cheese
Pudding Cannon
Tuna Fisherman
Dong Bong

Things got really complicated after my picture went viral, but some of my favorite titles for my staff are:

Foreskinner
Riley Reamus
King Dingaling
Quarterpacker with Cheese
Pudding Cannon
Tuna Fisherman
Dong Bong

i want to see more of this

Back