• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Former Lineman Rebar Passes

popodeac

Reaction score
Chad Rebar passed away today from cancer. He played lineman here and graduated in 2003. He was loved by many. Please keep his family in your prayers. He lived in Pennsylvania with his wife and step-daughter.

@CoachLoboWF: Former WF OL Chad Rebar died today from cancer. "Reebs" was the life of the party, did a great Swarzenegger impression, and had no enemies.

He was a real good dude. Damn this bums me out. Thoughts with his family.

Prayers for Chad's family and friends. Always sad when someone so young dies.

Echoed. I hope there is a moment of silence at the Duke game.

Pretty sure we did one for the Moosbrugger family tragedy.

Wow, just read about the Moosbrugger tragedy. Didn't remember that.

RIP, Chad. Your family is in our prayers.

H.S. FOOTBALL: Former Mid Valley standout Chad Rebar dies after illness

His passion and intensity were equalled only by his ability to always have a good time.

Chad Rebar brought an immeasurable energy to the game of football as a player and a coach, while pouring his heart into everything, including his love of family and music.

And energy taken far too soon.

After a brief illness, Rebar, the former Mid Valley and Wake Forest offensive lineman who has been an assistant coach with Valley View, and a member of the local band Haze, died Tuesday. He was 32.

"I lost a brother," Valley View coach George Howanitz said. "And I know that a lot of our kids lost someone who was almost a father figure to them. He was instant energy.

"He is going to be missed."

Rebar, whose brother Dave is head coach at Mid Valley, was a standout two-way lineman at Mid Valley. He was a Times-Tribune All-Region defensive tackle went to Wake Forest.

With the Demon Deacons, Rebar began his career as an offensive lineman and eventually moved to the defensive line. He also spent part of his playing career as a long snapper.

He spent the last four seasons as a line coach at Valley View, which won the 2010 Eastern Conference Class AAA championship and the 2011 District 2 Class AAA championship and produced several outstanding linemen.

"Everything he did was full-throttle," Howanitz said. "He was a big buster and he could always get the guys to laugh."

That energy left a lasting impression.

"He was always running around with us sprinting to drills," said former Valley View All-Region lineman Mike Galantini, who is a defensive lineman at Holy Cross. "He knew how to make you bust your butt, while also making you laugh.

"He transcended the player-coach relationship and made it more personal."

Rebar's knowledge of the game and his experience playing Division I were valuable and much appreciated by his players.

"This is really tough," said former Valley View all-state player Nyeem Wartman, who is a linebacker at Penn State. "He was one of the most important coaches for us. He brought us together our senior year. He was tough on us and tried to make us better. It's so sad to see this happen to a guy who had so much life and energy. I don't want to believe it.

"He was so close to us and one of our brothers."

I lived with Chad as a suitemate for a year in Davis. Great dude. Hate to hear this.

Back