• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Friday Night Fight

We know the cop entered the yard that he had no right to be in. We know he discharged a gun in a neighborhood, in a yard where he was supposedly looking for a kid. Fight over. I win.

We know the cop entered the yard that he had no right to be in. We know he discharged a gun in a neighborhood, in a yard where he was supposedly looking for a kid. Fight over. I win.

No right? He's searching for a lost kid, he can go into that yard.

I def think the discharging the weapon is bad news for him, I'm just saying, people need to realize if that a kid is missing, I want a full search. Cops need to have rules on what to do w/ dogs instead of just being allowed to kill em.

Btw, turns out the little girl was in her house the whole time. OUCH.

But outside of the specifics, a little girl is missing in a neighborhood. Cops need to find her, they're gonna enter backyards. This could totally happen anywhere.

Ok, so just don't shoot dogs.

Cops need policies to deal w/ dogs, clearly. Can you tase dogs? No idea, would rather the dog get shocked or even pepper sprayed than killed. I cannot believe that there aren't nationwide policies on this when so many people have dogs.

No right? He's searching for a lost kid, he can go into that yard.

A lost kid, who was in his own home...since when does searching for a kid grant you the right to trespass on private property? Especially a fenced/gated property? Do the officers also have a right to enter his house too? Open field doctrine does not grant a cop the right to enter a fenced yard without permission, warrant or PC, as far as I'm aware.

Lol. Great idea for a thread, but what a horrendous battle to start with.

A lost kid, who was in his own home...since when does searching for a kid grant you the right to trespass on private property? Especially a fenced/gated property? Do the officers also have a right to enter his house too? Open field doctrine does not grant a cop the right to enter a fenced yard without permission, warrant or PC, as far as I'm aware.

This.

What's the point of a goddamned fence if you can't hide kidnapped children with it? Thanks Obama.

Back