• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

From an outsider...

vadimivich

Reaction score
I'm sorry.

Nobody deserves this. Wake is an excellent school with good, loyal fans and a proud history - it definitely deserves better.

At first it might have been a bit funny in an "omg check out that car wreck" kind of way... but it's far past that. Our league is better when you are good, and what is happening is selfishly awful for all of us.

But more than all of that - I'm just sorry for the loyal fans I know (I grew up in NC, friends went to WFU) who are having to suffer through this.

Reactions: TBR
Thanks man. I've been an ACC homer my whole life. I think people are finally realizing the consequences of a down conference and why we need to all root for each other.

Except for Carolina of course. And Duke sometimes.

Thanks for feeling our pain. I especially feel bad about it because I supported the hire when I realized he was the coach of the Air Force team that clocked us 6 or so yrs. ago. Otherwise, I knew nothing about him, hadn't remembered he came from the NBA or was at Colorado until his name started to be mentioned and some background info was included.

I loved the offense that Air Force showed against us, and thought we'd see it here. Unfortunately, I had no idea about his unusual personality and poor communication skills. He's not fan friendly and doesn't own up to his problems. All that, the transfers and all the losses say that I was wrong about buzz and he's not the right fit here.

At the same time, I'm really disappointed with Wellman for his cavalier attitude about the obvious problems the program has. It doesn't make sense that buzz should be coaching here in January unless some very unexpected improvement occurs in December. At most, he should get the rest of non-con schedule to see what happens and if little progress is seen it's time to end this.

Reactions: TBR
Thanks for feeling our pain. I especially feel bad about it because I supported the hire when I realized he was the coach of the Air Force team that clocked us 6 or so yrs. ago. Otherwise, I knew nothing about him, hadn't remembered he came from the NBA or was at Colorado until his name started to be mentioned and some background info was included.

I loved the offense that Air Force showed against us, and thought we'd see it here. Unfortunately, I had no idea about his unusual personality and poor communication skills. He's not fan friendly and doesn't own up to his problems. All that, the transfers and all the losses say that I was wrong about buzz and he's not the right fit here.

At the same time, I'm really disappointed with Wellman for his cavalier attitude about the obvious problems the program has. It doesn't make sense that buzz should be coaching here in January unless some very unexpected improvement occurs in December. At most, he should get the rest of non-con schedule to see what happens and if little progress is seen it's time to end this.

Bless your heart.

His Air Force squad beat a bad Wake Forest team. I do not understand why that game carried so much weight with people.

His Air Force squad beat a bad Wake Forest team. I do not understand why that game carried so much weight with people.

It wasn't a bad Wake Forest team and it wasn't his recruits. But the fact of the matter is that game may be the reason we are living this nightmare.

It wasn't a bad Wake Forest team and it wasn't his recruits. But the fact of the matter is that game may be the reason we are living this nightmare.

It certainly wasn't a good Wake Forest team.

As much as anything I'd say it was the fact that it was Air Force, the losingest D1 program in history, who was kicking serious ass that year. That team knew how to run the offense he taught them and could shoot lights out. That was a fun group to watch. Wake's history had been to get some nice athletes, play good D and struggle in the halfcourt. The idea that we could keep bringing in talent and have an effective halfcourt offense seemed great at the time. Who knew buzz was going to rub everyone the wrong way and have major player defections that wrecked everything?

As much as anything I'd say it was the fact that it was Air Force, the losingest D1 program in history, who was kicking serious ass that year. That team knew how to run the offense he taught them and could shoot lights out. That was a fun group to watch. Wake's history had been to get some nice athletes, play good D and struggle in the halfcourt. The idea that we could keep bringing in talent and have an effective halfcourt offense seemed great at the time. Who knew buzz was going to rub everyone the wrong way and have major player defections that wrecked everything?

Except he didn't teach them that offense. Chris Mooney and Joe Scott did.

I hope not, because with that logic we should be expecting Iona's coach, when Bzz is finally forced to step down.

It certainly wasn't a good Wake Forest team.

I thought, at the time, we had some great talent. That game stunned us and we were never quite right after that. But do we really care now?

It was a bad team in the pre-Bz era. #123 RPI, 5-11 in the ACC, 15-16 overall. First under .500 Wake team since Odom's first year (1990). First team not to make the postseason since Odom's first year.

It doesn't take a genius in 2010 to look back and say, "Oh yeah, that win wasn't as impressive as I thought at the time, especially since he hasn't done much at Colorado."

Last edited:

My God.

You're just so fucking ignorant.

dv7, I have you on ignore and almost never read anything you post, but did read your most recent reply. I'm not going to get into anything with you. You can continue to act in your usual childish manner and that's your decision. I don't know why anyone would be the slightest bit interested in anything you say but that's up to them. Peace out and I mean totally peace out to you.

I have to say that the 400 pound guy running train while barely being able to walk up and down the court was actually still pretty funny. Overall though yes it is a pitiful sight and I feel badly for Wake

He didn't teach it to them. They already knew it when he got there. The reason he's failed ever since is that he's trying to teach something that he never really knew.

He didn't teach it to them. They already knew it when he got there. The reason he's failed ever since is that he's trying to teach something that he never really knew.

At least you have to give him credit for not screwing it up then. It seems natural to think that if a team is running something then the coach knows at least as much as the players do. Kind of like the situation at Saint Louis this year with Jim Crews taking over for Majerus on an interim basis. Crews has said that the offense the Billkens run isn't the offense he'd teach but since the team learned what they're doing under Majerus he's going to continue to run it. Still, you'd think he'd know as much as the players do about how to run it.

dv7, I have you on ignore and almost never read anything you post, but did read your most recent reply. I'm not going to get into anything with you. You can continue to act in your usual childish manner and that's your decision. I don't know why anyone would be the slightest bit interested in anything you say but that's up to them. Peace out and I mean totally peace out to you.

Adorable. Have a good night, pork chop.

You read this one too. Liar.

Back