• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FUCK YOU, RON WELLMAN

I think he does deserve this type of public ridicule. Maybe the absence of it prior to [Redacted] led to the state we're in now.

Agreed. He voluntarily has an extremely public job, for which he gets paid millions of dollars, and at which he has been, amazingly, both a complete failure and a complete asshole for almost a decade. That son of a bitch deserves all the public ridicule we can dish out.

If the folks reading this board are willing and able to ignore a decade of garbage results and dismiss that due to a message board post then fuck them too.

I understand and share the passion. But the thread is not a good look.

Things that are also not good looks:

Jeff Bzdeliks ACC road record
Jeff Bzdeliks neck ties.
Jeff Bzdeliks middle finger to the fans.
Removing live call ins on your weekly radio show to shun the true fans.
Hiring two of the worst basketball coaches in ACC history both statistical and strategically.
Keeping said coaches for at least a combined 10 years.
Alienating a passionate and loyal fan base to the point of apathy that rivals a Sun Belt school.
Firing a successful coach for “lack of postseason success” only to hire two coaches with zero postseason success and reward them with longer tenures for continually missing the postseason.
19 transfers under one coach.
Signing one of the worst, if not the worst, contract extensions in college basketball history and adamantly standing by it.
Being a smug asshole with seemingly no sense of accountability for your actions and getting paid millions to do so.
Having a pock marked pizza face.
Defending this piece of shit in a thread devoted to calling him out for being one.

They’re “both-sidesing” this disaster. Well basketball has been an AD self inflicted mess for 10 years now but some fans used potty mouth so really everyone is to blame.

wellmanandmanning-1.jpg

You'd have to ask him yourself, but it looks to me like he is being critical of the tone of the thread, rather than defending Wellman

is that why he's sending wellman a fruit basket?

I understand and share the passion. But the thread is not a good look.

You do understand that this website was created (and still funded) so that we have the right to create and respond to this very thread? This is not a Scout or Rivals thread who kowtows to the AD for access. This is the Wild Wild West mofo.

#knowyourhistory

is that why he's sending wellman a fruit basket?

I'm definitely not sending anyone a fruit basket. I don't even know where you buy a fruit basket. Also, super weird gift. "I like you a lot, here's some stuff that will rot on your counter." I will gladly defend Ron's overall body of work. One sport truly sucks it and unfortunately it's one many of you care deeply about. Unfortunately... for you. He is and will continue to be just fine.

Shorty is right. It just strikes me as odd that you all who seem to want to influence someone somewhere to do something would choose to pin a thread with this title. Or even have a thread with this title. It's more typical of the common working man, or a small child. "Ooh, I'm very angry so let me curse at you a lot and call you names." You're one step from throwing a temper tantrum on the Quad, kicking and screaming while lying on your belly.

I'm telling you that anyone visiting will see you as such.

Back in the day I thought there might be a little something to your complaints about Ron basically dismissing all of you like children. Now, I see he chose the right path. Can't reason with a child.

Back in the day I thought there might be a little something to your complaints about Ron basically dismissing all of you like children. Now, I see he chose the right path. Can't reason with a child.

You must spread some negrep around before giving it to WhatUTalkinBout Willis again.

You do understand that this website was created (and still funded) so that we have the right to create and respond to this very thread? This is not a Scout or Rivals thread who kowtows to the AD for access. This is the Wild Wild West mofo.

#knowyourhistory

Of course I understand that. Posters can post anything they want. IMO, it’s just a bad look for the university to have a thread entitled FUCK YOU RON WELLMAN.

I'd say it's a bad look for the University in that it shows they tolerate incompetence that fosters ill will in its most loyal fans

Last edited:
Not sure about 'most loyal.'

have you read the following quotes from earlier in the thread?

I've been a Wake Forest Basketball fan for 62 years. This is the most depressing point that I have ever seen . . . and I've been around for some pretty bad basketball teams. (When I was at Wake we used to go to Winston-Salem State to watch Earl Monroe play. Wake sucked.)

This seems to be the thread where all of the "ole-timers" are venting, so I will take this opportunity to state that I am not renewing my basketball season tickets that I have had since 1965. When Wellman causes me and the others of my ilk to drop out it should tell those in power, especially Currie, how stupid the decision is to retain Mannequin.

I do not make my decision lightly, based on the following:

* Saw my first BB game live in 1957.
* Saw my first ACC tourney game in Raleigh in 1960.
* Saw: the last second shot against the goats in the tourney in Tacy's first year, the score-board game against the goats, Charlie Thomas hanging on the rim, etc., etc., etc.
* Attended in person away BB and FB games in the following cities: Raleigh, Greensboro, Greenville, Charlotte, Boone, Durham, Rock Hill, Clemson, Columbia, Charleston, Athens, Atlanta, Miami, Miami Beach, Orlando, Birmingham, Knoxville, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, Kansas City, Charlottesville, Blacksburg, D.C., Landover, Villanova, Annapolis, New York City, Syracuse, West Point, Tucson, Santa Clara, Stanford, and some I have probably forgotten.
* Season ticket holder in both BB and FB since 1965.

If Wellman's stupidity can result in causing die-hards like me and others to drop out I do not know what else can be said. I survived Staak and (name redacted) but there is no justification for Mannequin's record, especially three seasons of 20 losses. There is a commitment but the commitment is only to less than mediocrity.

I must admit that the final straw for me was having attend the home games this year and be outnumbered by fans of the visiting teams. Plus, being surrounded by obnoxious fans(especially for the second straight year by drunken State fans) and having to endure the chants of "Tar Heels", "Wolf Pack", "Blue Devils", and believe it or not the worst of all, " Go Orange". Only a fool would continue to pay $700+ a season to watch a stoic/neck twitching coach and listen to the other teams cheer on your home court. This past year was like being in a room of black boards being climbed by 100 cats or sitting thru 17 root canals.

I AM OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

have you read the following quotes from earlier in the thread?

Some with long time loyalty, for sure. At the same time I know lots of great fans who have been showing up and writing checks for decades who aren't at the point where they feel being loyal looks like this thread. This thread is a bunch of angry children, not a loyal fan base.

Back