• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fundraiser: Let's bring Gregg Marshall to Wake Forest, or something

RedSoxFaithful

a vicar in a tutu
Reaction score
Okay. First off: Yeah it's me, and yeah I sucked last time. This time around, not much is required of me directly, so I don't think I can disappoint? Anyway. Now that that's out of the way.

As I'm sure everyone here is aware, Gregg Marshall told the N&O today (http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/03/06/3679985/jacobs-cant-blame-basketball-teams.html) that he'd need a "Brinks truck full of money" to leave Wichita St for the soon-to-be-vacant gig at Wake Forest. We as a fanbase are understandably anxious about the next hire, and have chosen to read Marshall's quote as an open invitation to GET HIM THAT DOUGH.

Which brings us to this: https://www.crowdtilt.com/campaigns/help-bring-gregg-marshall-to-wake-forest

We want to pay the athletic department a Brinks truck full of money (minus the truck), only in the event that Gregg Marshall (or Shaka Smart, I GUESS) is hired as our next HC. Or if we somehow raise $3MM, I guess. Either way.

At any rate: this will only charge your contribution in the event that Gregg Marshall or Shaka Smart is hired, or $3MM is raised (whichever comes first). All contributions will go directly to the Deacon Club at that point, and will be earmarked for, you know, basketball coach stuff.

I'm actually pretty serious about this. Obviously we probably won't get to $3MM, but I'm sure we can gather up some not-insignificant funds to show Wellman that, at the very least, we're willing to support a basketball team committed to winning, and that we're not just all about wasting money on billboards. Let's do this.

I like the concept, but it is going to be real awkward when this thing stalls about $2.95 million short of the goal.

If we stall out, you need to quickly delete this thread so it can't be used against us. Wellman will be in his lair in the dark pointing excitedly at the computer screen, gleeful over our failed effort, cackling and stroking a hairless cat while finalizing language that will require our new head coach Russell Turner to retain Rusty as associate head coach.

Keep in mind that a $3 million salary means he gets paid $3 million every single year.

I wouldn't think about hiring a jerk who said that about WFU

I think Marshall has already told us to take our money and stick it.

Tax deductible?

Srsly. If I pledge $1000 and it tilts and is given to the DC, how does that even work? I don't even become a DC member? It's just one big ass group donation for $15 million? RSF, what kind of grift is this you're running?

Back