• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon - (and beyond) Discussion (spoilers allowed)

I would like to know the logistical reasons as to why they’re wrapping up the show so quickly. It’s clearly a gold mine. I’m assuming it has to do with production values and cast issues. They could’ve dragged this series out for another 5 years and I don’t think anyone would have complained.

I think IaT is correct that they just really dont know what to do with the story. But hearing dragons and direwolves are too expensive to film, or all the actors are too expensive makes me laugh. They clearly are making shit tons of money off this show

Rough episode.

I'm going to give the show writers some leeway with the unstoppable ballistics bullshit. They are seriously pressed for time, and a super-weapon really cleans up plotlines fast. It feels yucky, but I get why they have to do it with only two episodes left.

Scenes from Episode 5.

giphy.gif

Rough episode.

I'm going to give the show writers some leeway with the unstoppable ballistics bullshit. They are seriously pressed for time, and a super-weapon really cleans up plotlines fast. It feels yucky, but I get why they have to do it with only two episodes left.

If you want Rhaegal to die have the Ice Dragon kill him, rather than him randomly surviving that and then getting shot in a stupid ballistic plot hole

If you need to clean up storylines then have the hordes of undead that were literally climbing over each other to mount wall actually kill people

This show has a lot of goddamn unstupiding to do in the last two episodes.

Rough episode.

yeah, unclear why they needed to nerf the dragons so much but it turns out they're basically worthless except for FastTravel

I think IaT is correct that they just really dont know what to do with the story. But hearing dragons and direwolves are too expensive to film, or all the actors are too expensive makes me laugh. They clearly are making shit tons of money off this show

They are offing them (and the undead) because they want to remove magic from the show, which is a shame

yeah, unclear why they needed to nerf the dragons so much but it turns out they're basically worthless except for FastTravel

All that fast travel did was take them off the table quicker with no time to heal.

I think the creators wanted to move on and decided to end it. Once that decision happens they began needing to cut stuff. They started with corners and escalated to actual plot lines quickly.

All that fast travel did was take them off the table quicker with no time to heal.

I think the creators wanted to move on and decided to end it. Once that decision happens they began needing to cut stuff. They started with corners and escalated to actual plot lines quickly.

That fast travel got them there after the ships too.

why does the internet get such a boner about Dany and the writers taking her character to its logical, Mad Queen, conclusion? the woman has had a single minded goal of ruling the Iron Throne because she "deserves" because of birthright and just co-opted the suffering of people to achieve her goal and then promptly discarded them and anyone else who stood in her way.

Last edited:
why does the internet get such a boner about Dany and the writers taking her character to its logical, Mad Queen, conclusion? the woman has had a single minded goal of ruling the Iron Throne that she "deserves" because of birthright and co-opted the suffering of people to achieve her goal and then promptly discarded them and anyone else who stood in her way.

I mostly agree with this. My only gripe (that may or may not be eliminated) is that it seems a like a quick pivot. Admittedly, for me, that mainly could be because so much of the season seems unnaturally compressed.

I mostly agree with this. My only gripe (that may or may not be eliminated) is that it seems a like a quick pivot. Admittedly, for me, that mainly could be because so much of the season seems unnaturally compressed.

Really? Danerys could be seen as a villain from other’s perspectives from very early on.

Really? Danerys could be seen as a villain from other’s perspectives from very early on.

Its not a shocking turn. I disagree with the www warriors that might be pissed after expecting her to come in the beloved hero. I do think the show runners have built her up to be one thing and the pivot seems a little sudden. Big win, sadness, happinese wait they love nephew more? grrrrrrrr

I don't mind a heel turn. Or maybe her genes are more complicated. In theory jon should have less targ crazy in him since raeghar was the best of them or however it was described.

May be that i have got ptsd after the forced fake out bs of sansa vs arya... nope littlefinger is dead. it was an off screen trick that did not work for me.

If the end is a trick like that i'll be disapointed.

I have no idea how they are going to sandwich the rest of the story into the remaining episodes.

Especially when #CLEGANEBOWL2019 is 100% fucking confirmed and will take a hour of screen time.

arya kills everyone
Sansa on throne
Bronn chillin' in Highgarden banging chicks

Ayra kills Cersei, the Hound wins the Clegane Bowl and Jaime Lannister kills the Queen of Dragons. Sad Jon goes to live with the wildlings, comes back next winter as the new Night King.

Clegane Bowl is going to be a colossal disappointment. Zombie Mountain can barely even walk.

Back