• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

General Election Thread: Two Weeks Out

turns out the Russia/Assange wikileaks "slow drip" strategy has done nothing. While they're dribbling out these emails, people have already made up their mind and voted, in large numbers. If they wanted to damage Hillary they should have dumped them all at the beginning of October to give Donald more attack points in the last debates and give him time to make TV spots using the material in the emails. Now whatever comes out is getting no attention at all except in the alt-right subreddit. I'm assuming the Russkies don't understand how campaigning, ad buys, and early and absentee voting work in the US.

A post which celebrates the ignorance of Clinton voters.

turns out the Russia/Assange wikileaks "slow drip" strategy has done nothing. While they're dribbling out these emails, people have already made up their mind and voted, in large numbers. If they wanted to damage Hillary they should have dumped them all at the beginning of October to give Donald more attack points in the last debates and give him time to make TV spots using the material in the emails. Now whatever comes out is getting no attention at all except in the alt-right subreddit. I'm assuming the Russkies don't understand how campaigning, ad buys, and early and absentee voting work in the US.

In Russia, ad buys you.

Anyone seen the latest "most accurate poll" some people have stop talking about it? It's still the most accurate right? I'm just wondering what it says now?

NC has cast 1.2M votes so far.

46% Dem
29% Pub
24% Unaffiliated

No wonder Republicans worked hard to suppress voters/early voting.

Anyone seen the latest "most accurate poll" some people have stop talking about it? It's still the most accurate right? I'm just wondering what it says now?

CsskSTTWcAA7r9M.jpg

Drudge headline: 8 points vanish in 4 days. AI predicts Trump.

So I'm not worried. We've got a supercomputer predicting our victory. Anyone want me to post the article?

We already knew all of this. You live in an isolated rural white Republican area, and you fit right in. Your views and opinions are reinforced by people just like you every single day. I'm not sure how long you've lived there, but I bet it's been a very long time. How do you imagine you'd have turned out had you grown old in a heterogenous community instead of a homogenous one?

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

He'd probably be more like you, right?

NC has cast 1.2M votes so far.

46% Dem
29% Pub
24% Unaffiliated

No wonder Republicans worked hard to suppress voters/early voting.

Do you think those numbers are good for Hillary? How familiar are you with North Carolina politics?

There are many people registered as Democrats in NC who stopped voting for Democrats in national elections a long time ago. They continued to register as Democrats...and often vote for Democrats in local & state elections (The Democratic hold on Council of States offices is an example of that) because many local Democrats in the state, particularly in non-urban areas, do not reflect the views of national Democrats....but I would say that as much as 20% of the registered Democrat vote regularly votes for Republicans in national elections.

The GOP situation is nothing like that. Almost none of the registered Republicans in North Carolina are going to vote for Hillary.

The Independents are a mixed bag....but I would guess that up to 2/3 of the registered unaffiliated in North Carolina vote for Republicans on a regular basis.

So when those things are considered, those numbers you quoted don't look nearly as good for Democrats as someone who is unfamiliar with the way North Carolinians are registered and the historical situation behind why they are registered as they are.

What's everyone's prediction of day before election polls and final. I'm thinking that polls continue to narrow and converge at a 3.5-4 point for Hillary, probably end up right there as well.

The fact that dems and libs are touting a measly 3% growth rate as progress speaks volumes on the state of the economy under Obama.

As opposed to the -8.7% in W's last quarter? That's a net gain of 11.7%.

BTW, it would still be the best of the G8 other than China which is a developing country.

The fact that dems and libs are touting a measly 3% growth rate as progress speaks volumes on the state of the economy under Obama.

Yes, the volumes spoken are that it is doing significantly better under Obama than that last asshole we are still digging our way out from under.

By the way, Trump has lied again about how much money he is putting up for his campaign. Last month he gave a whole $30,000 and got many times that for rent of his offices, use of his own plane and many other payments to his companies.

Back