• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GIVING UP STADIUM SEATS RIGHTS?

memphisslim

Reaction score
I am so discouraged with the football program and 4 straight years of losing seasons, I am thinking about not renewing my stadium seats rights. It costs $500 per year, plus the costs of the tickets. This year we were not competitive and were beaten soundly in 5 out of our 7 losses; the other two, Duke and Md. were close, and we should not have lost except for missed field goals and the loss of our one dimension offense: Campanaro.

2010 brought back visions of Caldwell, Chuck Mills (11wins, 5 seasons) and Billy Hildebrand (7 wins, 4 seasons), big blowouts.

I think I only have until the end of December to pay or lose my seats rights and I have had them ever since the program began. Uncertain what to do.

Spend more effort and time tailgating. It's far more rewarding than actually watching the games.

We have the players to make a run next season and i actually think we could still make that run with Lobo. There is no way we make a run with Knorr as the DC he so over his head it isn't funny. I also think the internal cancer of this team is Ethan Reeves.

We have the players to make a run next season and i actually think we could still make that run with Lobo. There is no way we make a run with Knorr as the DC he so over his head it isn't funny. I also think the internal cancer of this team is Ethan Reeves.

Do you think any of them will be let go?

nope. the players are gonna have to make up for the weakness...and they know it.

As tired as they were this year from over training and lack of defensive schemes, they should still have been 7-5 if it wasn't for Camp's injury and the suspensions. Next season our players will be even better just because of experience, so if key players stay healthy then we have a chance.

Last edited:
These are the sorts of posts that should make Wellman's blood run cold. I'm sure the op is not alone. If Bz returns next season I can't imagine what bball attendance will look like.

These are the sorts of posts that should make Wellman's blood run cold. I'm sure the op is not alone. If Bz returns next season I can't imagine what bball attendance will look like.

I gave up my football seat rights and stopped buying season tickets last year. I think I decided after flying out and attending the Stanford fiasco, when we were all humiliated, not because we lost to a good Stanford team, but because we looked like a Wake Forest team from the 70s, when we were a national laughingstock. When I bought my seat rights, I made a contribution that gave me a 25-year guarantee on the seat rights, and I fully intended to buy for the next 25 years (assuming good health). I also assumed that Ron Wellman and the Wake admin were committed to putting a program on the field that justified my investment. Instead, what I see is a head coach paid $2.5 million a year to cruise towards retirement, allowed to keep a mediocre staff and a program going nowhere, that even the players are disgusted with.

In basketball, after years of purchasing season tickets, I quit doing so three years ago. Same reason basically. I cannot justify the financial sacrifice (for me, because I am not wealthy) to watch a program that Ron Wellman and the admin has let deteriorate into a joke, while Ron and Bzz draw salaries that I can only dream of.

Last edited:
I think I'm going to give it one more year. Obviously, one doesn't need a psl to retain good seats, but I also viewed Wellman as investig in FB and wanted to help. Given the rumblings of the players and pigskins' post, I sometimes feel like I'm just throwing money away - money that would be better served going to the academic side.

coaching changes last year were made in early January. I would imagine that same timing would happen this year if any changes are made.

Spend more effort and time tailgating. It's far more rewarding than actually watching the games.

100% agreed. I'll be a getting parking pass next season, but not renewing my two season tickets. If our athletic department doesn't care, than neither do I. In fact I plan on using a small portion of that money saved to invest in setting up a TV displaying all the other games in our lot. No need to go inside and watch this lifeless team.

Didn't you commit for the full price of the seats rights?

well it was $500 a year and I think it cost $5000 total. I believe those were the terms. I don't know what happens after the $5000 gets paid, whether the seats are mine or whether I keep paying for future years. I saw that someone gave his up and got good seats. A guy in our row said he got his seats and didn't pay seats rights so I don't know how it works. I think I read we only have 5 home games at present but Wellman said he thought he could get a 6th one next year. Do you think I have until June 30 to pay? The letter said December.

As someone who doesn't have more money than he knows what to do with, why the heck did anyone buy seat's rights to begin with? It's not like it's the only way to get decent football tix.

100% agreed. I'll be a getting parking pass next season, but not renewing my two season tickets. If our athletic department doesn't care, than neither do I. In fact I plan on using a small portion of that money saved to invest in setting up a TV displaying all the other games in our lot. No need to go inside and watch this lifeless team.

Can you get parking pass without getting tickets? I have one more year left on my seat rights but I am not renewing, I really dont think Wellman has held up his end of the bargain, and since the administration is basically telling the fans to go screw themselves, I am not interested in wasting anymore money. Grobe Wellman and Bzz can make up the difference out of their 5 million.

My family has held season tickets since the day Groves Stadium opened and been faithful donors to the Deacon Club.

The athletic department and Wellman have figuratively told us all to go fuck ourselves. So, 2012 is it for us, as a family, until substantive changes are made and Wake Forest
decides it is serious about competing at a Division I level. What we have now is a complete joke. Everyone, with the exception of the lunatic fringe, sees the glaring problems
with both our football and basketball programs. However, Wellman refuses to take the initiative to bring about the change required. Don't know about the other alumsn and fans, but I'm simply losing
the energy for the constant cat-and-mouse game with our athletic department.

Hoping for change soon. Just not expecting it.

We went through the same a couple years ago. The games were just no longer worth the time and effort for the little enjoyment we got out of them. I can watch from home and still watch other games too. This past year was the first where I actually didn't even watch a couple of tv games. Not a grad, just a fan who year by year is drifting. Same with basketball. Had season tickets but no longer. Now i've not been to a game in two years. My entertainment dollar demands more than what the WFU athletic dept is offering right now.

Back