• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Going to Miami (bienvenidos a miami)

lbE08

Stegosaurus are bush league
Reaction score
We'll be there 5 days. Have a lot of stuff planned out, but any restaurant recs or "must see" stuff is appreciated.
Technically I guess we're staying in Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood, so suggestions for that area are welcome, too.

been there, done that.

so... nothing else from the peanut gallery?

Also going in November! Will be in Miami beach area for two days, three nights. Gimme some recs!

elwoods-gastro-pub.jpg

Have fun, too bad you won't see my HEAT.

Coconut Grove is a nice part of town, go to cafe abbraci or prime one twelve if you want a fancy meal.

Otherwise just take your talents to south beach and look for a place that has good Cuban food.

OH I ALMOST FORGOT.

lbe, if you're walking alone and a white van pulls up with a camera guy in the passenger seat, definitely go in the van.

Michael's Genuine Food and Drink
Michy's

We ate at Las Culebrinas for Cuban a lot when we would visit my sister at the U.

I was born in Holllywood, you could go see the hospital where I was born.

Haven't been down there in several years though. Baseball season is over, so no chance at catching a game. Could always try to find LeBron and see if we could finagle some collegiate eligibility out of him...

Last time I was there my Credit Card # was stolen when paying for my lunch, a month later I owned $10,000 worth of stereo equipment. BB&T was very cool on how quickly they let me know that I was not on the hook.

Ft. Lauderdale / Hollywood is sort of a ways from Miami / SoBe. If you get down to SoBe though the Lincoln Street Mall is pretty cool. Outdoor mall, lots of high and mid-range retail, outdoor cafes and occasional celebrity sightings. Sushi Samba is there too.

The Shops at Bal Harbour is near Hollywood. That is one of the dopest high-end malls in the world. Lots of stuff you cant afford, but pretty cool to walk around.

2nd on Versailles. Its a little corny and you can probably find better cuban food in Miami, but it is pretty awesome to take in once. A cultural staple of Miami.

the bakery next to the restaurant (part of versailles) is amazing--savory and sweet stuff

and the restaurant is damn good

If you run into a dude named Jerard, don't get in his car, or else he may drive you to Tootsie's and you'll have to cab it back and it'll cost like $50.

Back