• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good Bilas article about Skip

Thanks for posting, but it's just hard to read articles about Skip knowing what we have now. It just makes me angry. Fuck.

To paraphrase a great poem by WS Merwin, Skip's absence has gone through Wake like thread through a needle. It has colored much of what we've done since his passing.

Bilas is a great, great guy. Still can't figure out why he became a Dukie, but he's definitely an analyst I respect a lot. Kudos.

"Two things I remember most about Skip Prosser: he never made excuses, and he always said thank you."

Articles like that are wonderful. But I agree, they just accentuate the terrible coach Bzz is.

Yeah never get tired of reading articles like that. I've always like Bilas as well - this just confirms it a little more.

Agree, great article. I heard Bilas speak at a Wake event in Charlotte about 3 years ago, and I was moved by how he got choked up when talking about Skip. For me, the game hasn't been the same as well. I don't think my heart has been in it. Skip was good at making people feel like they were apart of the program; he was inclusive. That's one of the changes that I think has really been evident and made me so apathetic. There's not the connection with the MBB program like there was with Coach. He was a people person, and even though he was eerlily quiet at times, he was always observant. The most telling thing for me is that when I think about him, I don't even think about anything that happened on the court; I think about all the things he did that no one saw, but he did them because he was a good man. So many things that didn't get press, but they told me as much about the man, George Prosser, as the basketball coach, Skip Prosser.

He's right. it's just not the same.

Very nice, very touching. It speaks a lot about Coach Prosser's likeability that a dookie's son would cry about a WFU loss.

To paraphrase a great poem by WS Merwin, Skip's absence has gone through Wake like thread through a needle. It has colored much of what we've done since his passing.

Bilas is a great, great guy. Still can't figure out why he became a Dukie, but he's definitely an analyst I respect a lot. Kudos.

I'm unable to give you pos rep at this time for paraphrasing WS Merwin... it will have to be another day.

Yeah just read this at lunch. Its gonna be hard for me to dislike BIlas after read that.

Lord do I miss Skip.

Emotional range while reading that:
Sadness that he's gone.
Anger that it was too soon.
Sadness that we're so bad.
Anger that we now have Buzz.

Damn feedback loop

I miss seeing him enjoying a Guinness at the Tavern with that wry smile on his face.

Wake's struggles since his death really seem trivial when you think about it. We didn't simply lose a basketball coach.

Back