• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Got to love Alabama

That sucks for him but this is the way the world is now. If people do not agree with your viewpoint they will attack you anonymously. I know someone who hunts up in Idaho and he is somewhat well known in that community and he gets tons of anonymous hate mail and emails from anti-hunting advocates from around the world.

This Alabamian law is despicably hateful. It shows not much as changed in the last 50 years for how these pieces of shit feel about those of different skin color and different heritage. Trying to destroy an honest man's business for hiring legal immigrants. Just wow.

I'm sure those protesting all have Native-American names and ancestry.

The immigration laws in Georgia have already cost farmers hundreds of millions and caused skyrocketing produce prices.

If you disenfranchise all the rednecks in Alabama, only 26.2% of the population would be eligible to vote.

The immigration laws in Georgia have already cost farmers hundreds of millions and caused skyrocketing produce prices.

I like this part:
To prepare for his vacancies, Dubrinsky offered a job to a woman at $8.25 per hour a couple of weeks ago. After initially accepting, she called back to say she couldn't take it because she'd lose her food stamps and government-funded health care. More recently, Dubrinsky hired a man to work the grill in the kitchen. He showed up on Sunday but didn't last long.

I am especially perturbed by the part involving public schools. Isn't Alabama 50th in education (I live in 49 so this is not meant to be an insult)? Yeah, let's take these people and make them waste a lot of time checking immigration status, etc....

As Herman Cain would say, you are talking apples and oranges my friend! In the Alabama case, there is no reason to boycott someone who employs documented workers. That is just outright bigotry.

In Georgia, if you are here legally then there is nothing to be afraid of. Go to work and make your money. They weren't being punished for being illegal. They were told to leave the state if they were here illegally.

That is just outright bigotry.

In Georgia, if you are here legally then there is nothing to be afraid of. Go to work and make your money. They weren't being punished for being illegal. They were told to leave the state if they were here illegally.

You really have no understanding of what happened in Georgia. First, you cite the obvious bigotry. Do you think these bigots are stopping at rhetoric? Furthermore, being "legal" has little to do with not being afraid. Fear is much more compelling for dirt-poor immigrants who lack a 49-yr old, white, suburban, conservative, male's vast knowledge of what to fear and what not to fear.

And ultimately the outcome is the same: the same Republicans chanting that Democrats are anti-business are putting many businesses out of work.

I am generally a conservative person, but I have a high disdain for the prevailing Republican view on immigration. It's really sad, because we were no close to amnesty in 2001 prior to 9/11. The pendulum has really swung in the other direction.

The hate for immigrants seems to come from an interesting mix of bigotry and laziness. Well done, America.

This Alabamian law is despicably hateful. It shows not much as changed in the last 50 years for how these pieces of shit feel about those of different skin color and different heritage. Trying to destroy an honest man's business for hiring legal immigrants. Just wow.

Isn't the Alabama law pretty much the same as the Arizona law, which in turn was the same as the federal law? The law itself doesn't try to destroy any man's business for hiring legal immigrants.

How many of the people that would boycott this place based on that article were going to be eating at a traditional Jewish deli anyway?

Probably not many, but bringing down his average rating on review sites to 1.5 stars with fraudulent reviews certainly doesn't help his business. I'm constantly amazed at the level of Antisemitism in my hometown of Mountain Brook (where this deli owner also resides).

Isn't the Alabama law pretty much the same as the Arizona law, which in turn was the same as the federal law? The law itself doesn't try to destroy any man's business for hiring legal immigrants.

Not directly, but as you can see in this article it definitely hurts legal immigrants and is fueled by racism.

Just read an article that farmers in AL are having a difficult time getting Americans to work their fields. Well, having a hard time getting them to keep working their fields. Many quit after a day or two (pretty sure I would as well).

Back