• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Gottfried Article

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/03/19/3111516/how-gottfried-turned-nc-state.html

It's so sad we don't have something like this written about Wake hoops. Maybe in a few more years.

Imagine that little bit of optimism you have left. Imagine it as a ball of crystal. It's very beautiful. Imagine holding it and watching it sparkle. Then take the ball and SMASH it on a highway. Then gather the little pieces and charter a boat. Watch the whales and dolphins swim, majestic creatures. Once you've been on the boat for a few days, wait until the sea is angry. Perhaps a hurricane is approaching. Now take that optimism and throw it in the ocean. Come to shore and thank me for I have removed the irrationality plaguing your soul.

One year ago State was living in the neighborhood we currently reside. We will move out in the next couple of years.

If [Redacted] can land guys like Davon Reed in 2013, then I am quite positive that the next coach we hire can have an immediate impact.

One year ago State was living in the neighborhood we currently reside. We will move out in the next couple of years.

I don't know. I feel like we've just lost our job and it looks like there's no hope of ever moving out.

What was it that State did a year ago that was a catalyst for such a turn-around? We should do the same thing.

Last edited:
It's tragic, because when their team is good State fans are even worse than Carolina and Duke fans. And they're going to be good for awhile. And we're not.

It's tragic, because when their team is good State fans are even worse than Carolina and Duke fans. And they're going to be good for awhile. And we're not.

Not even in the same universe, not even if we tried, but I guess you can go with this if it helps you.

Back to the OP. a huge side benefit of Gott's hiring has been his ESPN contacts. We have had more national publicity this year than we could have paid for. Every time we turn around, we are on some national show or having ESPN do a Behind the Scenes show about us. This wild run to the Sweet 16 has only heightened this. I am not gonna lie, it would not have happened without his time spent on TV. Bottom line is has done a world of good for us in getting the NC State brand out there. I for one am loving it.

Reasonably true. I think our talent level was better but coaching was obviously pretty terrible.

One of the main reasons I like reading y'alls board is the parallels to PP last year w.r.t. the thread topics. We had a million threads about Shaka, Gregg Marshall, Sean Miller, Bobby Knight and whoever else you can name. It seemed like every game was used as a measuring stick for other coaches which was just an all around pain in the ass since everyone had pretty much taken sides by December.

I hope you guys get it together soon, it's more fun when State/Wake are pushing the blues.

Last time we let State get ahead of us it took a State scandal and 25 years to pass them. Hope that is not the case again

oh my god no. it's not remotely close. the "internet state fans" are irritating fuckers, but state fans are good people.

duke and carolina fans in real life are even worse than "internet duke and carolina fans."

Not even in the same universe, not even if we tried, but I guess you can go with this if it helps you.

Back to the OP. a huge side benefit of Gott's hiring has been his ESPN contacts. We have had more national publicity this year than we could have paid for. Every time we turn around, we are on some national show or having ESPN do a Behind the Scenes show about us. This wild run to the Sweet 16 has only heightened this. I am not gonna lie, it would not have happened without his time spent on TV. Bottom line is has done a world of good for us in getting the NC State brand out there. I for one am loving it.

Dagger

Typical Wake. We do things backwards. We fire the coach, then he makes the ESPN contacts.

oh my god no. it's not remotely close. the "internet state fans" are irritating fuckers, but state fans are good people.

duke and carolina fans in real life are even worse than "internet duke and carolina fans."

100% accurate

What was it that State did a year ago that was a catalyst for such a turn-around? We should do the same thing.

Seems to me the main thing is that they had good players on the roster and they kept them.

Back