• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Greenbrier Classic Thread

TR1982

Reaction score
Webb two back of the leader at -5. He tees off at 1:20 today. Nice to see Vijay back in the hunt.

Interesting course. Can give up a 59 yet if the wind's blowing can cause awesome golfers to have bad days.

Good to see Jonathan Byrd out there.

Root for my buddy Billy Hurley!

The days of that course giving up a 59 are gone. The 59 came in the first year of the event and they were not quite sure how to set the course up for the pros. They have figured it out since then.

Greenbrier is a fantastic golf course. The announcers raved about it all day yesterday. Really good risk/reward, traditional course.

The days of that course giving up a 59 are gone. The 59 came in the first year of the event and they were not quite sure how to set the course up for the pros. They have figured it out since then.

Don't look now...

Michelle Wie is the first sun burned Asia person I've ever seen.

Asia person?

She's from Hawaii but of Korean descent.

And Tiger misses the cut. Said had poor distance control citing that they were at elevation. Really? I mean we're not talking Colorado here, we're talking White Sulphur Springs WV - elevation 1857 feet.

That's a bad excuse, but several players have cited the elevation change this week.

Should be a good tournament to attend despite no Tiger or Phil --- Webb 1 shot back, Haas in the mix as is Billy Mayfair and wow John Daly. I could see Daly doing well in West Virginia.

Should be a good tournament to attend despite no Tiger or Phil --- Webb 1 shot back, Haas in the mix as is Billy Mayfair and wow John Daly. I could see Daly doing well in West Virginia.

Not so sure The Greenbrier is the part of WV where Daly fits in best.

Did anyone hear some guy shout "Go Deacs" after one of Webb's tee shots?

My kids went yesterday and I told them to give Webb a Go Deacs shout out if they were near him. Not sure if they did it though.

Back