• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Grier to WFU?

DemonDeacs

Reaction score
Rumor is that Will Grier is deciding which school he will transfer to and it's between Arkansas, State, ECU, and Wake. If he comes he would not be eligible until the end of October because of his current 1 year suspension for PED use. If he does come what in the world will happen to our already mess of a QB situation, or do you think Wellman/Clawson would not even want him because of his suspension?

Why would anybody want him under that circumstance?

Putting him on the scout team for a year and a half will stunt Newman's development. No divas, please.

Rumor is that Will Grier is deciding which school he will transfer to and it's between Arkansas, State, ECU, and Wake. If he comes he would not be eligible until the end of October because of his current 1 year suspension for PED use. If he does come what in the world will happen to our already mess of a QB situation, or do you think Wellman/Clawson would not even want him because of his suspension?

I've heard he would have to sit out a transfer year on top of his current year-long PED suspension (those would not be allowed to be served concurrently).

The way I understand it, Grier wouldn't be eligible to play until the beginning of the 2017 season (just like any other transfer). He can serve his six-game suspension while also serving the mandatory residency year without playing required due to NCAA transfer rules. He'd have two years of eligibility remaining.

Would I want him here? Um... Yes.

Grier's next steps will include plenty of eligibility-related paper work. Since Grier's appeal was denied, he can't compete under NCAA rules until Oct. 12, 2016. Now he will have to enter the process of determining transfer eligibility, which can be equally frustrating for players looking to get back on the field. It is expected that he will have to serve the remainder of his suspension following his NCAA-mandated transfer year, meaning he may not be able to take the field until mid-October 2017.

I don't think anyone knows for sure when he'll be eligible. Probably would have to work it out w/ the NCAA, as it is a unique case.

I heard speculation that he'd go to a junior college so that he could play right away... But if he ever comes back to D1, he'd need to serve the rest of that suspension.

No idea how it all plays out.

There is no way our culture czar would allow this to happen.

...is this a serious question? Because he was the #2 rated QB in his class?

If he has to sit out a transfer year and then 8 games the following year which pretty much eliminates that year, then his desirability takes a huge hit.

#2 rated QB sitting on your bench doesn't really do that much for you.

If you can get 2 years of play out of him, then maybe.

How can anyone with a clear head want to play QB at Wake if there are any other options available? Do they not see our QB's getting killed each, and every week? Even it they wanted to ride the pine, and get a great education... they gotta know that there time will be up soon due to injuries, and then it's their turn for a whooping! Seriously, i love the Deacs, but it's crazy why a HS kid would want to go through that.

He won't be eligible until after he's both A. sat out his suspension and B. sat out a year per transfer rules, so he won't play anywhere until 2017.

Who knows what will happen. His family does live in Davidson and it sure would make it easy for them to watch him play. A friend mentioned that his dad may want to move up from HS level, so maybe they'd be a package deal somewhere (I don't buy this, however).

What is the source of this rumor? I saw a BloggerSoDear tweet with these four schools. Are the BSD guys reporting the rumor that he is down to 4 schools, or did they start the rumor?

Scout had him as a 4 star #4 rated QB coming out. If we can get a guy rated that high, then we should absolutely take him if he wants to come. He shouldn't be promised a thing other than a chance to compete for the job, but if he wants to come, we should give him that chance.

Yeah, let's pimp ourselves for a drug abusing hoodlum that won't make a damn difference anyway. Clawson can't win at Wake Forest, nobody can win at Wake Forest. What Jim Grobe did was lightning in a bottle and won't ever be duplicated. Anybody that thinks it will is stupid and on drugs.

What is the source of this rumor? I saw a BloggerSoDear tweet with these four schools. Are the BSD guys reporting the rumor that he is down to 4 schools, or did they start the rumor?

Here is the original article: http://campusinsiders.com/news/will-grier-to-transfer-from-florida-top-5-options-12-19-2015

So after I read that article, it looks like the author was just throwing out 5 options. I saw a tweet that Grier is not permitted to transfer to another SEC school, so Arkansas is out based on that.

This thread title has potential to give TheReff a heart attack.

I would love to get Grier, but no thread gives me a heart attack DF07. I love all the goings on of college football this time of year. Makes it interesting until conference season heats up in ACC basketball.

Back