• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Gripe re: pop-up

Junebug

Reaction score
I'm new to the party here, so forgive me if this has been covered.

I've been a tourist on the various OGB boards for a few months now. I pretty much use my iPhone exclusively.

At first, I would get a pop-up the first time I accessed the boards in a browsing session. The pop-up told me that there is an App that allows for easy access to the boards (or some such) for iPhone users. The pop-up was really irritating: I had to hit "cancel" like 6 times to get it to go away. I tried the App, and it sucked. It literally didn't work. So I deleted it.

Lately, the pop-up has been appearing every time I navigate to a new page on the boards. And again, I have to hit cancel 6 times to get it to go away. It's really irritating, and it takes forever to navigate from page to page. I tried to install the App again just to make it stop, but it still doesn't work.

So, my long-winded question: is there any way to make this pop-up stop? It takes forever, and it is really discouraging my use of the boards, which I otherwise really enjoy.

By the way, this is my first thread. Sorry I'm using it to complain.

This needs to go on the cell phone thread. Annoying shit like that never happens to my droid.

Go into your safari settings and re-enable cookies. I don't know why but it resets to "never" from time to time.

It's fine. Yeah, I'd check to make sure cookies are enabled first and foremost.

When we upgrade the site software in the near future we will most likely be disabling support for these lesser mobile browsing apps, though we'll cross that bridge when we come to it and keep you updated on any changes.

Also, I don't know which app you tried (Touch BB, maybe?), but TapaTalk is the way to go. It'll set you back $2, but it's the best way to browse the boards on your phone. Most of us here use it.

Back