• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Grobe vs. Clawson

boobknightfan

Reaction score
I hope all you putz's are happy that we now have a coach that makes a fool of himself on the sideline. Watching the game Saturday was embarrassing, Clawson jumping around, getting on the refs, running around like a maniac. Great representative of Wake Forest....:rulz:

Jim Grobe in addition to being the best coach Wake has ever had or ever will have, showed complete class on the sidelines. He calmly strolled the sidelines, never yelled at the referees, and even frequently took time to check the turf on the field by seeing easy it pulled up. Not since Bob Knight has a coach in any sport represented an institution with that kind of class and dignity. Now we have Dabo Swinney without the 5 star recruits, hope you lame brains are all happy!

So are you saying that Bob Knight did not "jumping around, getting on the refs, running around like a maniac"?

So are you saying that Bob Knight did not "jumping around, getting on the refs, running around like a maniac"?

What are you some kind of retard? Bob Knight politely pointed out to the refs what they screwed up and let them know everyone makes mistakes, just try to do better next time. He also would give his player that pat on encouragement on their backs or even heads to get them to play their best. Bob Knight always knew his number 1 priority wasn't wins and losses, it was representing the institution he coached, all the wins was just gravy.

By the way: "did not jumping, getting and running doesn't even make any sense", dufus!

The commentary on proper field maintenance is especially pertinent. Good job bob, er..............

rjkarl.gif

I dunno, I think warak might be on it.

I hope

I do miss Jim Grobe and his nap times kneeling down on the turf.

True Story.. I was told once that the equipment manager forgot to charge Grobe's headset for an away game.. He just handed Grobe the headset before kickoff and acted like everything was normal.. No one ever said a word about it.

Geez, I want to get paid millions of dollars just to stand around and pick blades of grass!

I hope all you putz's are happy that we now have a coach that makes a fool of himself on the sideline. Watching the game Saturday was embarrassing, Clawson jumping around, getting on the refs, running around like a maniac. Great representative of Wake Forest....:rulz:

Jim Grobe in addition to being the best coach Wake has ever had or ever will have, showed complete class on the sidelines. He calmly strolled the sidelines, never yelled at the referees, and even frequently took time to check the turf on the field by seeing easy it pulled up. Not since Bob Knight has a coach in any sport represented an institution with that kind of class and dignity. Now we have Dabo Swinney without the 5 star recruits, hope you lame brains are all happy!

I don't think Grobe was aware of what was going on.

Back