• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#GrobeOUT

http://m.washingtonpost.com/sports/...5c8756-4839-11e3-a196-3544a03c2351_story.html

In this story, John Feinstein takes Randy Edsell from Maryland to task for basically placing all of the blame for Saturday's loss on the players.

Yet the quote that Feinstein tees off on sounds like something Grobe would say, if you add in a little aw shucks for good measure.

Thanks for finding this VaDeac. I thought we were the only ones with an asshole for a HC. The "We coach good, they played bad" coaching fraternity says it all.

Pittsburgh's coach Paul Chryst is the complete opposite. Here are his comments in his weekly press conference after their loss to Navy earlier this season:

"I need to do a better job of coaching."

"But I’ve got to do a much better job of coaching because for any team to be complacent or overconfident in a game, that’s on me."

"Respecting the game will never let you become complacent in a game. That’s on me. I’ve got to do a better job."

"I’ve got to get better at this."

"It’d be pretty hypocritical to ask the players to get better and then I’m not."

Hope Wellman hung around the Chicago area to watch LEMBO tonight

Lembo could probably get a better job than Wake at this rate. But, he has the background we always look for. Played offensive line at Georgetown and then of course HC at Elon and Ball State.

Back