• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GTown/China Brawl

I would love to hear what the Chinese analysts are saying. Was GTown inordinately physical by Chinese standards of play? Were they dirty or shameful by Chinese expectations? There must be a rationale beyond chaos... right?

Chinese player pummels a GTown player @ the :25 mark. I mean seriously kicks his ass.

It will be interesting to see how they are treated at their next game

These are gonna be collectors items!!!!

N-512858GT-c.jpg

Man fuck china

I don't understand the 'fuck China' sentiments. Here in the US we've been playing thug ball for a couple of decades now so why is it any different when another country responds in kind? And according to the Post writer the first sign of trouble was when a GTown player blew up in the face of a Chinese and the game had to be halted for a few minutes. After that is when things started to completely unravel.

I don't understand the 'fuck China' sentiments. Here in the US we've been playing thug ball for a couple of decades now so why is it any different when another country responds in kind? And according to the Post writer the first sign of trouble was when a GTown player blew up in the face of a Chinese and the game had to be halted for a few minutes. After that is when things started to completely unravel.

Probably harsh, but I'd say it probably wouldn't have happened if the foul discrepancy wasn't so high. There is NOTHING more frustrating to an entire team then feeling like you're getting fucked over by the officials, no matter what the other team is doing. If it had been just a couple of opposing players pushing and shoving I don't think it would have gotten crazy out of hand like that.

A China player got up in the face of JT3, the Georgetown coach. If that happened in the NCAA tell me what would happen next:

1. Refs leave him on the court.
2. He gets a technical
3. He's immediately ejected, making sure nothing else occurs.

I'll go with option 3. This may be incorrect, but I blame the refs and I blame the Chinese players from what I've read. They know things will be different when American teams come over, we play a different game.

It's that classic USA is superior to every other country and can do no wrong mentality. China sucks, yes, but the USA superiorism is soo tired (and no longer accurate).

It looked like the first sign of trouble was when three Chinese dudes ran on to the court and started pummeling the Georgetown player. Coming off the bench to insert yourself in an altercation? That shit is even frowned upon in hockey.

By walking off the court, does that mean that China won and Georgetown rost?

Back