• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Halftime: Presbyterian Game

DinDC

Reaction score
The halftime entertainment tonight was a group of black children in a local sports program who put on a football exhibition. Unfortunately, our esteemed stadium management, or whoever it was in charge of picking the music, decided that the best song to play to accompany a bunch of black children entertaining a pretty lily white college football crowd was -- wait for it -- "JUNGLE BOOGIE". You can't make this stuff up.

That was funny in a white supremacist sort of way. Our marketing group... well, what can you say.

In the marketers' defense, they're stupid. Like, really, really stupid. Stupid enough to work for a walking clown-car named Ron Wellman. So ... you know. STUPID. All caps.

Last edited:
I never would have equated the playing of that song as being racist.

There were non-black kids on those teams anyway.

I think you're stretching.

FWIW, the same observation was made in our group.

At the very least, it was quite an ill-considered selection ... unfortunately that seemed consistent with the rest of the night.

Are you sure they didn't request the music?

Kool & The Gang were/are black after all.

Woah, this seems eerily close to Strattocater's Slowpoke Rodriguez controversy!

Slowpoke_Rodriguez.jpg

<townie talk> We need to focus on whats really racist in our society: caucasian Miley Cyrus shaking her butt in a manner that only African-American women have a right to do. </townie talk>

Are you sure they didn't request the music?

Kool & The Gang were/are black after all.

Not likely that young kids today would request a song recorded in 1973, but some old white dude would.

All of the kids at my end of the field were black, as were all of the kids I saw outside the stadium before the game. All of the adults that I saw with them were black.

Not likely that young kids today would request a song recorded in 1973, but some old white dude would.

Or some old dude- black or white- in charge of the program. I have no idea, I'm just asking if we know who requested the music before jumping to conclusions.

Back