• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hang it! (Alondes Williams ACC POY, 1st Team All-ACC)

I am definitely in favor of having an "honored" category and including ManMan. There are also a few other names which belong in that category.

I am also in favor of a few years from now sliding some of the retired numbers back in to the honored category. We can do that after some of these folks die. Yes, it is allowed and no one will really care and we will be doing the right thing by being intellectually honest. It's easy to just say our only AD at the time didn't understand and move along. It will be a minor story.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to donaldross again.

Sorry, but you don’t unretire a guy’s number, particularly after he dies. That’s just a shitty idea. One person just needs to get over his obsession with the size of the arena and retired numbers. It’s not his world for everyone, particularly previously honored players such as Skip and Rod, to pass through. Those are done deals.

Sorry, but you don’t unretire a guy’s number, particularly after he dies. That’s just a shitty idea. One person just needs to get over his obsession with the size of the arena and retired numbers. It’s not his world for everyone, particularly previously honored players such as Skip and Rod, to pass through. Those are done deals.

Ha, I missed that the first time, but agree 100%

donaldross is just such a spectacularly shitty poster lol

Manman is a joy to watch and this team is the only good thing to happen to Wake Forest basketball in 12 years. No, that 2016-17 season was not fun because we all knew all it would accomplish was giving a shitty coach with no future 3 more years in return for a dead end season, which is what happened. Now we have hope and joy. Fly a fucking big ass Manman flag over the Joel all next season. These arguments seem so fucking petty when it’s time to just get players to win.

1) New arena
2) Everybody is honored
3) Select folks get migrated to retired during course of 1st season
4) Profit

I agree but I also remember how Wake made a big deal about keeping the name Groves Stadium when they sold the naming rights to BB&T. It was going to be BB&T Field at Groves Stadium. But the Groves name is no where to be found at the stadium or in anywhere else.

What if we made players pay to have their numbers retired ? Like a couple of million dollars per year ?

What if we made players pay to have their numbers retired ? Like a couple of million dollars per year ?

That’s sort of what happened. Paul and Skip big donors and supportive of the U. Bob Leonard and Frank Johnson not so much. Their time as college basketball players just wasn’t the deciding factors clearly.

You fucking kidding me SI picked Banchero on their 2nd Team AA, and ManMan nowhere to be seen. What a joke

I noticed we somehow unwon a basketball game this season (BC). At the time y’all were saying “that’s already done”

It’s never too late to do the right thing!

That’s sort of what happened. Paul and Skip big donors and supportive of the U. Bob Leonard and Frank Johnson not so much. Their time as college basketball players just wasn’t the deciding factors clearly.

CHRIS PAUL WAS A 1ST TEAM ALL-AMERICAN PLAYER, YOU FUCKING CLOWN

Bobby Boy and Frankie were not. Stop being an assclown.

Every. Single. Publication. That matters had CP as 1st Team All-America https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_NCAA_Men's_Basketball_All-Americans

Listen, DR, I'm sorry that CP leaving after 2 years made you sad inside, but he was undoubtedly in the top 3 most talented basketball players to ever play at Wake Forest. I never saw Hemric or Chappell, but I cannot believe that one, let alone both, of them was better than CP.

Give up on this crusade against Chris Paul. It's fucking insane.

CHRIS PAUL WAS A 1ST TEAM ALL-AMERICAN PLAYER, YOU FUCKING CLOWN

Bobby Boy and Frankie were not. Stop being an assclown.

Banchero is a 2nd team all-American. He must have had a great college career. Oh wait, no he sucked and actually just got voted such do to potential. He’ll probably rock the NBA. Duke won’t retire his number as a result since he, like Paul, has 0 current ACC tournament wins and likely a single Sweet 16 to show for it.

DR is not going to give up, but it's obvious that he's ignoring some pretty important context. Rather than having statistical requirements to hang a banner, it makes perfect sense to consider the contribution made to the program as a whole. There is absolutely 100% no doubt that ManMan's contribution to Wake Forest basketball is far greater than Banchero's contribution to Duke basketball. It's not close. You can argue statistics all day, but when we tell the story of how Wake basketball made a triumphant return to national relevance, ManMan and Forbes are the main characters.

Awesome they were main characters. Dave Budd was a main character too. So was Billy Packer. And Carl Tacy. And Delaney Rudd.

No one is advocating retiring their numbers. But the story of Wake basketball can’t be told without them!

Back