• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hazing Investigation at UNC

So it isn't an absurdly expensive, limited service property meant to emulate an overly stylized brand that appeals to only the top 1% douchiest people in the country?

You realize how douchey you sound, right?

You realize how douchey you sound, right?

~15 nights in an Aloft in a Cleveland suburb will do that to you.

It's probably a fine hotel for a leisure trip. It's not a great one for business though. And, they are expensive for what they are, imo.

I've stayed in a couple of them on business before. If you don't need a sit-down breakfast restaurant they're just fine. And they offer a bar with taps. Bets the fuck out of a Hampton Inn.

~15 nights in an Aloft in a Cleveland suburb will do that to you.

It's probably a fine hotel for a leisure trip. It's not a great one for business though. And, they are expensive for what they are, imo.

Dude, you're the one that stayed in the Cleveland-area for 2 weeks. That was your own fault and probably why you left miserable, depressed, and spiteful. Don't blame it on a hotel.

So, it appears this incident happened a few weeks ago and no punishment was announced. Yahoo reports last night and today 4 defensive backs are now suspended for the Liberty game. Looks like UNC was going to just sit on this one until their hand was forced.

Yep. The two starting DBs who are suspended are from Charlotte and were featured in the Charlotte Observer in recent days as the "Rude Boys". Guess the name fits.

Are we to suppose that UNC would have issued no punishment unless this became public or was the punishment already administered?

No punishment would have been administered. Plus they're playing Liberty in the game they're suspended for. Big fat suspension that was.

Lol, this is unc were talking about

I know but they have to be feeling the heat! The perception is that the institution has lost all control over the athletic department (which it did a long time ago); but I would not be surprised by some effort by the administration to demonstrate that it is still involved.

I know but they have to be feeling the heat! The perception is that the institution has lost all control over the athletic department (which it did a long time ago); but I would not be surprised by some effort by the administration to demonstrate that it is still involved.

Not just perception. The institution lost control because they sold their soul and now the athletics is untouchable while a the perception giving a shit about people getting an education has been thrown out the window. Diploma mill.

So, it appears this incident happened a few weeks ago and no punishment was announced. Yahoo reports last night and today 4 defensive backs are now suspended for the Liberty game. Looks like UNC was going to just sit on this one until their hand was forced.

Maybe they'll at least get tickets, so they can sit in the stands, wearing red shirts.

This was mentioned by Ferrall on ESPN radio last night. Along with a "what is Fedora doing down there"

Is there any possibility that the university will impose a stiffer penalty?

If not the university, it's possible the victim's family could press criminal charges.
Forget that they are all football players..........there were 4 guys that assaulted another and gave him a concussion.
If I was that kid's father, I would be pissed.

If not the university, it's possible the victim's family could press criminal charges.
Forget that they are all football players..........there were 4 guys that assaulted another and gave him a concussion.
If I was that kid's father, I would be pissed.

Kids a walk-on too (no scholly)...if no criminal charges are filed, I'd be pressing a lawsuit.

Of course the kid would be villified by the UNC faithful as is procedure in Chapel Hill.

Wasn't it just a prank gone wrong? Like they were dumping a bucket of something on him and he slipped?

It is striking that Fedora would not refer to it as a hazing incident. That admission would necessitate that the administration exact more severe penalties per institutional policy. UNC very quickly schools its coaches in double talk and evasive speech. It is a science at Chapel Hill.

Back