• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Headphones?

WakeUp08

Reaction score
I asked my mom for some noise canceling headphones for my birthday a couple weeks ago and she got me some Beats Studio. I still have the Best Buy gift receipt, so I have a question for all you audiophiles of the Pit...should I:

1. Keep the Beats?
2. Exchange them for Bose Quiet Comfort (they are the same price)?
3. Exchange them for the smaller Beats Solo and use the extra money to buy stuff?
4. Exchange them for some other cheaper noise canceling headphones and use the extra money to buy stuff?

Thank you oh wise Pit Bosses

Where are you mostly wearing them? Like on a train or plane or something? If so, and the noise bothers, I would go for the Bose. The Beats might be just as good, but I've only tried the Bose and they were legit.

Bose are overpriced. I personally like Etymotics Research.

Except when it has Bose attached to it.

All I know of is their speakers, which are complete garbage for the price. But I would guess the headphones are the same. Check some audiophile websites, I bet they'll list some cheaper ones that are better.

Hmm...I checked out TW's website but I was hoping to get an on-ear/over-ear pair.

I've had three different brands of nice earbuds over the years... Klipsch, Shure, and Bose. I've never researched them much or thought too much about them (two were given to me as hand-me-downs from friends). The list looks something like this (best to worse):

1. Klipsch
2. Shure
3. Bose

If you have a smartphone; you might want to consider killing two birds with one stone and finding a set that has a microphone built into the volume control (which doesn't really get in my way at all when I use them for running, etc.). I've really enjoyed that feature on my Klipsch set.

I have the Bose Quiet Comfort. I have tried the Beats and all in ear headphones. The bose doesnt have the bass of the beats, but is by far the best noise cancelling headphones. I love them.

I'd stick with the beats cause then you look like BA.

I did a fair amount of looking around a year ago for some nice earbuds and went with klipsch. They've been great.

I did a fair amount of looking around a year ago for some nice earbuds and went with klipsch. They've been great.

Klipsch makes some great stuff. They also have top notch computer speakers.

Back