• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Here we go (BUZZ's RETURN CONFIRMED BY AD)...

Ron Wellman you are the biggest piece of shit to ever be associated with a team that I have been a fan of. You are terrible at your job, no freaking clue how you keep your job. I hope the absolute worst for you in your future.

Must be a stock Wellman quote:

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/college...story/6211833/

Oct 14, 2009

WINSTON-SALEM – Wake Forest University Director of Athletics Ron Wellman announced Wednesday that basketball coach Dino Gaudio has received a contract extension through the 2013-14 season.

“Dino has continued to move our basketball program forward, much as was anticipated when he was hired two years ago,” said Wellman. “We are pleased with the progress of the student-athletes, both on and off the court, and Dino is responsible for that progress.”

Hatch eats this shit up

I just watched the interview. There are absolutely no words to describe how miserable I feel.

Kenny Beck says that his interview should air at 5 or 6.

Man, how long did it take for someone to coin the phrase "historical competitiveness?"

"Hmmm, can anyone think of a term that would refer to a vague amount of improvement but would have absolutely no ties to an actual requirement of wins, postseason play, specific statistics - and even downplays the very idea of winning as a goal?"

"Well, if you don't win but you want to feel like you didn't lose, it's a moral victory. How about next year we'll be morally victorious!"

"Ehhh, 'victorious' is a little strong. How about we just achieve 'competitiveness' instead. That's achievable, right?"

"Ok, but how competitive are we talking? Tim Duncan years competitive? Robert O'kelley years competitive?"

"I know, we'll just lump them all together in the vague memory that we used to be pretty good a lot of the time and we'll call it being 'historically competitive.' Perfect."

"Perfect. Don't forget your bike helmet, sir."

"Don't need one!"

11-5 home record. What a god damn joke, (UVA, Xaiver, Miami, NC State, Va Tech, Radford, William and Mary, High Point, Furman, BC, FSU), only two of those was vs an NCAA tournament team, 1 vs a team from the NIT , 1 CIT team, and 7 non postseason teams. Why is 11-5 home record anything to applaud? How is this considered progress?

Man, how long did it take for someone to coin the phrase "historical competitiveness?"

"Hmmm, can anyone think of a term that would refer to a vague amount of improvement but would have absolutely no ties to an actual requirement of wins, postseason play, specific statistics - and even downplays the very idea of winning as a goal?"

"Well, if you don't win but you want to feel like you didn't lose, it's a moral victory. How about next year we'll be morally victorious!"

"Ehhh, 'victorious' is a little strong. How about we just achieve 'competitiveness' instead. That's achievable, right?"

"Ok, but how competitive are we talking? Tim Duncan years competitive? Robert O'kelley years competitive?"

"I know, we'll just lump them all together in the vague memory that we used to be pretty good a lot of the time and we'll call it being 'historically competitive.' Perfect."

"Don't need one!"

:bowrofl:

:rulz:

We haven't won as many games on the road as we need to win. We had exactly 0 total road wins this year, 3 the year before, and 1 bzz first year. 4 total road wins in 3 seasons isn't just not getting as many as we need. It is a downright embarrassment.

11-5 home record. What a god damn joke, (UVA, Xaiver, Miami, NC State, Va Tech, Radford, William and Mary, High Point, Furman, BC, FSU), only two of those was vs an NCAA tournament team, 1 vs a team from the NIT , 1 CIT team, and 7 non postseason teams. Why is 11-5 home record anything to applaud? How is this considered progress?

This is the issue. Next year's OOC will be even worse than this years. If Bz can get to .500 next year Wellman will feel like he has another year. the sad part is that it is not very difficult to get to .500 as a high major. Schedule well and win 1/3rd of your conference games and you pretty much have it.

I don't know what was worse, Wellman or the Formica guy...What a terrible interview

He is the cheap countertop of journalism

Google "historical competitive" and it's generally used to talk about global economies. It doesn't seem like a common term, though.

This is the issue. Next year's OOC will be even worse than this years. If Bz can get to .500 next year Wellman will feel like he has another year. the sad part is that it is not very difficult to get to .500 as a high major. Schedule well and win 1/3rd of your conference games and you pretty much have it.

It's only recently that multiple ACC teams are under .500.

[Redacted] - Too big to fail? Deficit coaching? Voodoo basketball?

Way to alienate 90-95% of the Wake Forest fan base, Ron. Enjoy the empty seats next year.

"Don't need one!"

I felt like I was watching that damn Nixon movie from a few years back. Interviewer just let Wellman ramble on and on without asking tough follow-up questions.

Might as well have just let Wellman read a prepared remark

Kenny Beck interview coming on at 5 on WXII. Hopefully he brought a little more heat than that first bozo.

Just glad I got my team name changed in the OGBoards fantasy baseball to 'History Competitive' before anyone else. 20 character limit caused a slight edit, but it will do. Hoping for a tie for 9th but an improved foundation.

My team name in OGBoards fantasy golf is Buzz Is Our Handicap. Might have to change that to Ron.

Back