• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hernandez Verdict Imminent

There was a lot of physical evidence putting him at the scene. A car rented in his name contained a shell casing that matched the gun used to kill Lloyd. There was bubble gum and wrappers and rolling papers containing his dna in that car and at the scene.

It would have had to have been a helluva coincidence that he wasn't involved in the murder.

Did his friends' testify?

Did his friends' testify?
The friend he shot in the eye testified but wasn't allowed to talk about that incident in his testimony. The other two guys with him that night didn't testify.

The friend he shot in the eye testified but wasn't allowed to talk about that incident in his testimony. The other two guys with him that night didn't testify.

Thx. So they weren't subpoenaed, but the guy shot in the eye was...was the defense trying to lose?

Thx. So they weren't subpoenaed, but the guy shot in the eye was...was the defense trying to lose?

No point in subpoenaing those two. They'd either plead the 5th or testify against Hernandez.

The guy shot in the eye was subpoenaed by the prosecution.

Reactions: ONW
Really? I thought it was a rock solid case for the state. Defense did what they could, but it's tough to get around the fact that the state can put him at the scene, have video evidence of him with a gun in his house on the day of the murder, and then the obvious destruction of evidence after the fact. And there was even more evidence than that.

My take as well.

No point in subpoenaing those two. They'd either plead the 5th or testify against Hernandez.

The guy shot in the eye was subpoenaed by the prosecution.

So even if subpoenaed by the prosecution, it wouldn't have mattered. That makes more sense.

So even if subpoenaed by the prosecution, it wouldn't have mattered. That makes more sense.

I'm sure that they offered both of them a deal to get them to testify against Hernandez like reducing their charges or something but without giving them full immunity they can't compel them to testify without violating their 5th amendment right against self-incrimination and they aren't giving full immunity to someone who very well could have been the guy who pulled the trigger.

Just another example of the problems that can arise from putting athletes on a pedestal and pampering them the way we do in this country. Hernandez is an extreme example, to be sure, but this is what happens when athletes are pampered and bailed out of any trouble they get into. They eventually reach the conclusion that they are so important that rules & laws that apply to other people do not apply to them....and that they will somehow be bailed out of any trouble they may get into. As I said, Hernandez is an extreme example....but you don't have to look very far to find dozens of other examples of lesser criminal activity where the athlete eventually got off with a slap on the wrist. It's really no surprise that some of these guys eventually have the attitude that they do.

I guess Hernandez thought that anyone stupid enough to pay him $40 million after all the trouble he had been in thruout his life would also get him out of this. After all, he had already killed one person three years ago...and nobody did anything about it.

Somebody mentioned Lawrence Phillips. He dragged a girl down a flight of stairs by the hair on her head....and it was about the 10th time he had been in trouble for one thing or another....and he was reinstated on the football team before the season was over.

BKF, I think it is hilarious that you adore Bob Knight and despise Ted Nugent. It is hard to think of two celebrities that have more in common with each other than Nugent and Coach Knight. Both guys are heroes of all the people who want America to go back to the good old days when men were men. What you said about Hernandez sounded like something both Coach Knight and Nugent would say. To love Coach Knight and hate Nugent is like Jennifer Lawrence and Scarlett Johansson (or to use two women closer to you in age, Pamela Anderson and Heather Locklear) knocking on your door, saying, "Wanna have a threesome?" and you saying, "I only want to bang one of you, the other's ugly." See how that would defy logic? Don't get me wrong--I have nothing but the utmost respect for Coach Knight. I only want to point out your logical inconsistencies. :)

There's nothing extraordinary about the length of the deliberations considering the case took 2 1/2 months to try

Two and a half months? Fuck that. I've got jury duty next month and i'm not getting involved in any long ass proceedings for $15/day.

CCpNs-SVIAA14f_.jpg
Hey, I can almost see my parents' house on there!

Pats are going to struggle without him while he serves Goodell's two game suspension.

I like it...........kinda like the Romans putting 2 gladiators in the ring to fight to the death

This should immediately motivate someone here to produce a celebrity criminal death bracket. Winner gets to go home and/or record expunged.

This should immediately motivate someone here to produce a celebrity criminal death bracket. Winner gets to go home and/or record expunged.

Martha Stewart will be a 16 seed.

Back