• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hinton for the Starter: Who's In?

our two QBs have issues.

just like i remembered of him last season, Hinton has no arm. he puts it into the dirt on every throw. having said that, he is electric when running and maybe our best play-maker on offense.

i think i would stick with Wolford, who can make the throws if the WRs bring the ball down. there were a few passes that should have been caught by average WRs. he can scramble some and picked up a few 1st downs doing so. it is not his game, but the OL is as bad as the last few years...not sure why they show no improvement.

we were very lucky to come out of that game with a win, they kicked our ass in the second half.

Not true, Hinton has a stronger arm than Wolford. He's not as accurate, but when you're just given situation run packages in game, it's hard to work on your passing game as QB in game situations. I would give Hinton the offense, he's gives the defense a lot more to think about and if he gets the chances, he'll make some throws.

I would rather play Wolford than this musical quarterback every other play crap. At some point, however, Wolford is going to have to produce some sustained drives and points to keep the job. Hinton should then be given the same extended opportunity to see what he can really do running the offense.

I would rather play Wolford than this musical quarterback every other play crap. At some point, however, Wolford is going to have to produce some sustained drives and points to keep the job. Hinton should then be given the same extended opportunity to see what he can really do running the offense.

If this is truly a competition then each Qb should be put into the same situation to see who performs when the lights are on. I saw Hinton move the ball whether it was on the ground or in the air the ball ended up in the end zone. That's the objective of the offense. Wolford had more opportunities and the ball didn't. Do you want art or football.

I don't think it's truly a competition. I think Hinton is the "running QB" and Wolford is the starter.

Last edited:
I feel like some of y'all are just copying and pasting posts from last season

I think rotating qbs every few plays is actually hurting both rather than pushing them to be better. I think they're both starting to overthink it out there bc they're afraid they'll get yanked. Start Hinton against Duke and give him an entire half. If he's really struggling, maybe switch. But give the guy time to establish a rhythm.

They say in football, if you have two quarterbacks, you have none. I agree, I don't think alternating Wolford and Hinton is going to get it done. Enough with the 2 QB system. Instead, we should be alternating Wolford, Hinton, and Kearns.

Wolford showed me nothing last night. He had one decent pass (that Lewis dropped) and one decent run. With no offensive line, at least Hinton can make something happen.

Wolford is JAG. At best. He'd be lucky to start in the Sun Belt. There are hundreds of JW's playing college football. That's why he was a middling 3 star recruit. That's where they rank all the meh QB's. His ceiling and floor aren't far apart.

If you want 3-4 wins and 15-16 PPG against FBS competition, then by all means keep running him out there.

I thought I read where Claws is afraid Hinton is too fragile. So, he doesn't put him out there full time. Maybe a rumor.

Wolford looks and plays like a 1-2 star, not a 3.

Appreciate Wolford's effort but it's time to go all in with Hinton.

They say in football, if you have two quarterbacks, you have none. I agree, I don't think alternating Wolford and Hinton is going to get it done. Enough with the 2 QB system. Instead, we should be alternating Wolford, Hinton, and Kearns.
good post

I think Hinton should be the starter at the QB position

Back