• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Home Alone House - $2.4M

LadyDeac03

Reaction score
Anyone who wants to re-live a small piece of their childhood by purchasing the Home Alone house can now do so in Chicago for a cool $2.4M

home.jpg

Home_Alone_home_entryway.jpg

Here's another write up of it

lol at Michael Jackson peeping in the window. The look on his face is gold.

I would get pizza delivered to the back door every night. And I'd have a little gold statue in the driveway for the pizza guy to hit, too.

Kevin: Is this toothbrush approved by the American Dental Association?
Clerk: Well, I don't know. It doesn't say, hon.
Kevin: Well, could you please find out?

Kevin: Can I sleep in your room? I don't want to sleep on the hide-a bed with Fuller. If he has something to drink, he'll wet the bed.
Buzz: I wouldn't let you sleep in my room if you were growing on my ass.

"Keep the change ya filthy animal"

You're what the French call "les incompetents".

What would the house be worth if it wasn't in the movie?

What would the house be worth if it wasn't in the movie?

There are two other houses for sale on the block.

660 Prospect - $2.4m
http://www.trulia.com/property/3039372669-660-Prospect-Ave-Winnetka-IL-60093
It's about 1500 sq ft larger (5800 sq ft) but is also kind of outdated (though well maintained).

696 Prospect - $2.8m
http://www.trulia.com/property/3039201377-696-Prospect-Ave-Winnetka-IL-60093
It's about 1000 sq ft larger (5200 sq ft) and, based on the kitchen, is fairly recently remodeled but not to as high of a standard as the Home Alone House. It also doesn't have the same level of architectural detail and, imo, just isn't an attractive house.

Based on these two comps, the Home Alone House seems reasonably priced regardless of its fame, but that's just my amateur opinion.

Both houses have been on the market 120 days. It's also worth noting that all square footages are from public records which aren't reliable, especially for older homes that have likely been remodeled and added onto 2+ times over the past 80-110 years.

Certainly was not trying to "serve" him, I was curious myself.

And one could pretty clearly argue that those two houses aren't worth $2.4m or $2.8m themselves given that they have been on the market over a hundred days and are due for a price drop fairly soon (I would think).

From what I understand it's not uncommon for houses in that price range to stay on the market for over a year. There aren't that many buyers for a $2.4MM house.

Back