• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Houston, TX

ibleedgoldandblack

Reaction score
I'm about to step onto a flight to Houston. I'll have all afternoon and evening to kill before doing some work stuff tomorrow. Suggestions for fun stuff to do are welcome.

The best things to do all involve eating and drinking, but the museum district is pretty robust these days.

Hay Merchant, Underbelly, Anvil, Beavers, Big Red Cock, Petrol Station.... Those are some nice food and drink spots. Really, you can likely just roll down Westheimer and find something good.

Try breakfast/brunch tomorrow at Le Peep in Rice Village. Real Texas barbecue at Good Company.

Anvil is great for cocktails and Hay Merchant for beer. Underbelly is another fine option for great food and it has reasonable wine prices. All close together and related ownership. I love Hugo's if you want upscale Mexican. Uchi for sushi. Again, all close together. You really need to head to central Texas for the best of Texas BBQ.

Edit-now I really want to head to Anvil tonight.

Last edited:
That's Goode Company with an "e," mister.

Good correction! I always liked Goode Company Seafood more than their BBQ though.

You really need to head to central Texas for the best of Texas BBQ.

Completely agree. Austin had much better BBQ than Houston or Dallas. Just my opionion, of course, but I lived in Houston when I was younger and Dallas for a high school and after college (and I went to school in Waco). I've spent a lot of time in central Texas and think it has the best BBQ in the state.

Back