• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How concerned are you about the climate impacts your child will witness or experience?

How concerned are you about the climate impacts your child will witness or experience?

• Extremely concerned

Votes: 17 20.5%
  • Very concerned

Votes: 24 28.9%
  • Somewhat concerned

Votes: 16 19.3%
  • Not that concerned

Votes: 18 21.7%
  • Not at all concerned

Votes: 8 9.6%

• Total voters
I’m in no way defending angus, but I will say that I get to witness the effects of the developmental and educational loss due to school closure during Covid on pretty much a daily basis, and man, it is startling.

Yes I'd like to take my Covid advice from Brad:

July 29, 2020 (cannot quote because the thread is locked/closed):

"Lulz - The Colonel is willing to give 5:1 odds that FL will not pass NY in total COVID deaths.

Ph and any others who believe "this is not out of the question"... now is your chance to profit from your opinion/prediction.

Here is your opportunity to step up and put your money where your mouth (or keyboard?) is"

Florida: 86,850
New York: 77,157

Of course Brad changed his argument a year later to say "what about age adjusted numbers?!"
The origin story of "my point still stands"

I’m in no way defending angus, but I will say that I get to witness the effects of the developmental and educational loss due to school closure during Covid on pretty much a daily basis, and man, it is startling.
no doubt, but so much damage was done prior to covid via the ongoing defunding and privatization of public eduction that the covid-only comment is so off the mark

This is also a poll that is massively weighted based on socioeconomic status. I would venture to guess that the folks on this forum have a lot less to worry about because of generational wealth and systemic advantages.
Also, I’d wager that I’m one of the 3 poorest ct regulars, and the effects of climate change may be my number 1 worry right now.

And the developmental and educational loss due to school closures that many on this board cheered and insisted upon overwhelmingly impacted the poor and minorities.

Great work once again, Team!!!

I haven't read the thread, but I'm not really emotionally engaged with it. "Concern" is the wrong word.

Am I taking action to mitigate the impact that climate change will have on my kids? Yes. I'm purchasing property in less-effected areas.

I haven't read the thread, but I'm not really emotionally engaged with it. "Concern" is the wrong word.

Am I taking action to mitigate the impact that climate change will have on my kids? Yes. I'm purchasing property in less-effected areas.
feels like this just means you are not concerned

You don’t need to worry, God will take care of the earth, and if not it was meant to be!

feels like this just means you are not concerned
That's probably fair. I think about it a lot, and I've done what I can do to mitigate its impact on my family. Beyond that, I'm not sure what impact my emotions can have on it.

That's probably fair. I think about it a lot, and I've done what I can do to mitigate its impact on my family. Beyond that, I'm not sure what impact my emotions can have on it.
I think this is fair. Voting is about the only thing a person can do to impact the environment.

Even if every individual did everything he could to reduce his impact, it wouldn't matter as long as countries and companies don't.

Back