• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How Insane is Afghanistan?

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/22/world/asia/afghanistan-rape/index.html

Because she was raped, she has a choice of staying in jail, or marrying her attacker and possibly being killed by her family or attacker's family. Great country you got there Afghanistan.

Supposedly has happened hundreds of times too.

The thing I didn't understand was that it said the attacker is her cousin's husband. Can she still marry him if he's already married? Or is she biding her time in jail waiting for her attacker's current wife to make some mistake and ended up stoned, freeing him up to marry her.

There simply isn't a whole lot of difference between the Taliban and much of Afghanistan when it comes to women.

Picture-216.png

The thing I didn't understand was that it said the attacker is her cousin's husband. Can she still marry him if he's already married? Or is she biding her time in jail waiting for her attacker's current wife to make some mistake and ended up stoned, freeing him up to marry her.

I'm pretty sure it's a polygamistic (is that a word?) society

Welcome to the new Afghanistan, same as the old Afghanistan.

You're right. No troops, no need for supplies.

"In Kabul, meanwhile, a senior adviser to Afghan president Hamid Karzai said Afghanistan and Pakistan may be on a course toward military conflict."

Perfect. Fight it out with each other as we leave.

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else."

Winston Churchill

Back