• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How many of the Star Wars movies have you seen?

How many Star Wars movies have you seen?

• Total voters
Luke's lack of Jedi training is a pretty huge plot point. Sure a training montage would have been badass but it would have been against the whole point of Empire.

Luke's lack of Jedi training is a pretty huge plot point. Sure a training montage would have been badass but it would have been against the whole point of Empire.

Eye of the Tiger training montage is NEVER a bad choice.

I meant more along the lines of between Empire and Jedi.

We basically see him use his lightsaber versus the laser dummy, stand on his head and run some, and then he's all of a sudden he's some super badass Jedi.

With better writing I'm sure those movies would have been a lot better, but I get the whole nostalgic pedestal thing.

He was never supposed to be a bad ass Jedi. He left training early because his friends needed him. In RotJ he had more training but was still not a master he was just the only thing available. Spoiler alert he only survived because Anakin helped him.

Also, some time has passed between Empire and Jedi where he is supposedly training. Leia and Lando have to infiltrate Jabba's palace etc.

I think there's a year between the 2. There's a deleted scene at the beginning of Jedi with Luke building his new lightsaber -- Vader comments on it later in the film saying his training is complete. Luke is also way calmer and in a different state of mind in Jedi than he was in Empire.

I think there's a year between the 2. There's a deleted scene at the beginning of Jedi with Luke building his new lightsaber -- Vader comments on it later in the film saying his training is complete. Luke is also way calmer and in a different state of mind in Jedi than he was in Empire.

He trained and was a better Jedi at the beginning of Return than he was at the end of Empire, but wasn't at the level of Jedi before the rise of the Sith who started training as younglings.

Pretty sure one out the final test for Jedi is making your own light saber. We never see Jedi master Luke. Just jedi knight.

Pretty sure one out the final test for Jedi is making your own light saber. We never see Jedi master Luke. Just jedi knight.

Luke did make his own lightsaber. Vader says something about it when Luke surrenders on Endor.

Luke did make his own lightsaber. Vader says something about it when Luke surrenders on Endor.

Something like "Ah, you've constructed your own light-saber; your training is now complete. Indeed you are as powerful as the Emperor has foreseen."

Yes. I was commenting on barca's deleted scene comment and saying his Jedi training was complete but he was still not a master.

Fwiw the Thrawn series makes it clear he is a master only beginning at that point.

Yeah and when Han is unfrozen Chewie tells him Luke's a Jedi Knight, which is like the lowest rung after completing training

Yeah and when Han is unfrozen Chewie tells him Luke's a Jedi Knight, which is like the lowest rung after completing training

Yeah, but he's, like, the only one in the entire galaxy at that point, so he's pretty highly ranked.

han-solo-wtf-o.gif

The timeline in the prequels was also an issue – Anakin as a child should've taken up about a third or half of a single movie – it would have been interesting to have some prequel time dedicated to Vader going around the galaxy causing trouble - his fight with Obiwon should've come at the end of episode two or the beginning of episode three

Back