• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HP's UNC-Cheat Thread - UNC comes out on top, NCAA penalized by UNC

I guess I get it...I would probably be defending Wake if the same thing was going on in Winston-Salem. But I am flabbergasted that smart people are still denying the academic corruption that was going on in Chapel Hill...including the basketball program. This is not just the word of one guy but even if it were his story, if wrong would be easily refuted. That has yet to happen.

My wife was a Carolina undergrad, and she's furious that this went on, and has fully acknowledged it. She's mostly angry because her and many other students busted their asses and were at times treated poorly by the school when the big name athletes were having their work done for them. We all know that there are no virgins in college athletics, but the extent that they crossed the line is mind blowing. I fully admit I was a shitty student at Wake, and was in classes with athletes who were also shitty students, but we at least did all of our work and earned our shitty grades.

I guess I get it...I would probably be defending Wake if the same thing was going on in Winston-Salem. But I am flabbergasted that smart people are still denying the academic corruption that was going on in Chapel Hill...including the basketball program. This is not just the word of one guy but even if it were his story, if wrong would be easily refuted. That has yet to happen.

What reason do we have to beleive that it is not going on anymore?

McCants was surprisingly articulate. And he definitely has a bone to grind and it is about te black collegiate athlete. That's his bone. Not unc athletes. Black athletes on a national level.

To try and discredit him because he wore his hat backwards is lame. He did it as a statement. $10 says it was a unc hat or something espn made him take off so he turned it around

The thing McCcants said that was smart was - you don't have to believe me - just looke at my transcript. These ex teammates saying I'm lying - why aren't they producing their transcripts in their defense? And he nailed it. He's right. None of those guys are proving their degree is valid but McCants proved his is shit.

If I was a Carolina grad is be furious. Not defensive.

Quote Originally Posted by jhmd2000 View Post
Besides every communications major everywhere? No, I guess I can't name any schools that have athlete's majors. That never happens.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

http://thebiglead.com/2012/07/26/north-carolina-academic-scandal-why-did-basketball-players-stop-majoring-in-african-and-afro-american-studies-in-2009/

That includes Sean May of the Sacramento Kings, the Bloomington prep star and son of former IU star Scott May. Sean May entered the NBA after three years in college, capped by an NCAA title in 2005. He graduated last summer.

May said he started as a double major with communications, but dropped it so he could graduate faster after leaving for the NBA.

Afro-American and African studies, May said, offered “more independent electives, independent study. I could take a lot of classes during the season. Communications, I had to be there in the actual classroom. We just made sure all the classes I had to take, I could take during the summer.”

May is still in the NBA? I think that's the most shocking part of this whole story.

I agree...just because McCants wore his hat backward doesn't mean he's a liar. The 16 former players who showed up to defend Roy were wearing suits...doesn't mean they are telling the truth.

Maybe McCants did have a great relationship with Roy. Things change. That doesn't make him a liar.

Heavy Petter's Thread Describing Ongoing Cheating & Corruption at UNC-CH

Even if he is a liar...he has his transcript and the well to do Roy shills have not produced theirs. As McCants said...show your transcripts. This is not one man's word. There is a mountain of evidence.

Even if he is a liar...he has his transcript and the well to do Roy shills have not produced theirs. As McCants said...show your transcripts. This is not one man's word. There is a mountain of evidence.

Agree 100%.

Show the transcripts and clear all of this up...pretty simple solution.

Just to stake yourselves out, you're betting on this guy's word: During his interview Wednesday, McCants wore a white hat backward and a black shirt with bold type that said, “Defend the student-athlete.” He said he has had “no relationship” with Williams since leaving UNC,..."

Oh? Then he should meet this guy:

From Feb5, 2011 interview. After the father/fan squabble.

Q: What are your feelings today about Roy Williams?
A: Roy Williams, to me, is a person who really helped me change [my] perception when he got there; he gave me a fresh start. He actually gave me a lot of confidence my sophomore year; I averaged 20 ppg that season. … Coach just told me to be aggressive, and he had confidence in my ability to take over games, and to help my teammates. He put my scoring ability out as a strength, and a powerful strength, for me. I’ll always honor Coach Williams for that, and the fact that he told me to my face, ‘I’m here this year, and we’re going to make the tournament. We’re probably not going to go all the way, but next year, we’re going to win it all.’ And that’s what we did.
Q: Are you close to Williams; do you still speak to him regularly?
A: Of course. Every time I’m in town, we sit down, talking 45 minutes to an hour, just catching up. My phone number is constantly changing, so he’s always chasing my number down.

Before you commit to a "side" of the story, figure out which one puts its eggs in the baskets of this dude and mouth-breathing Statefans. Place your bets.

You mean the people who have dug this whole shame up and have been dead on about the joke a UNC athletes "education" is? Yea, why would you believe those people :tard:

Last edited:
jhmd...another question.

If McCants teammates produced their transcripts and it showed similar irregularities (like staying eligible only by taking and getting high grades bogus AfAm classes) would you still defend this? Would you still say Roy didn't know what was going on? Is it possible for a coach to see a great number of his team only staying eligible because of AfAm classes and not get just little curious?

NCAA has announced that they are reopening their UNC investigation.

So this has to mean something is going to happen, right? No way that 05 title banner stays up.

Andrew Carter @_andrewcarter
Should note that Bubba did come find me. Said he couldn't say anything.

Andrew Carter @_andrewcarter
Fedora with a no comment after his radio show. Well, he commented. About giving no comment.

Andrew Carter ‏ @ _andrewcarter
Asked Fedora if there was a reason he couldn't comment. "Yes." Which is? "I just can't comment."

Asked Fedora why, in light of all the mess that's gone on in recent years, secrecy was the best policy amid this. He said ...

“Nobody's saying secrecy is the best policy. We issued a statement today and that's it. That's the statement. I don't think it's secrecy."

Back