• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Huntington Beach recs

Making observations about other posters and pointing out idiosyncrasies in people's writing is basically 99% of betterphan posts. Hardly ever offers up any real takes about anything. I get where RJ is coming from (minus the over-the-top always-the-victim dramatics).

what is a real take

Sipping a Mai Tai at Duke's while enjoying the view is good for the soul. Even better if consumed with an edible.

You'd have to go to to Santa Ana or Long Beach to get edibles. HB has stupidly banned pot stores. With 10-14,000,000 visitors each year, the sales taxes could be massive.

The beach is huge, long (about 10-12 miles) and deep, but the water temp is likely not to be above 60 at this time of year. That's too fricking cold.

People actually do catch some fish off the pier. A couple of years ago someone took an 18 pound lobster off the pylons of the pier.

and totally useless on message boards.
See, this is bullshit. It is a God damn message board, and if you can't get your message across because you can't figure out how to include the most important word in a sentence then you're just wasting everybody's time. At the very, very, very fucking least, start proofreading. It takes literally seconds.

And complaining about missing verbs is not pedantic. It's basic fucking English. Or Spanish. Or French or Russian or any other god damned language on earth. Grow the fuck up.

Don't get sucked into Pacific City for lunch...overpriced and most places are mediocre. Burnt Crumbs is pretty good. It will be on Man vs. Food next month.

If you don't want to leave downtown for lunch, try 25 Degrees or Cucina Alessa or have some jerk wings or a jerk chicken sandwich at The Longboard.

See, this is bullshit. It is a God damn message board, and if you can't get your message across because you can't figure out how to include the most important word in a sentence then you're just wasting everybody's time. At the very, very, very fucking least, start proofreading. It takes literally seconds.

And complaining about missing verbs is not pedantic. It's basic fucking English. Or Spanish. Or French or Russian or any other god damned language on earth. Grow the fuck up.

sometimes it's not even a lost word, it's just completely unclear that your point has been comprehended. exhibit J14.293

If y'all weren't such dicks to RJ then we could hear new, entertaining stories about Monica, Lobster rolls, and other cool RJ shit.

Laguna could be a nice or evening. Lots of galleries. Nice beach walk. It's about a 30 minute drive down PCH...don't take the freeway.

If you go there, Las Brisas has incredible views and good Mexican food. It also has a good brunch. Across the street from Las Brisas is The Cottage which is also very good for brunch.

Selanne's is one of the better steakhouses in OC. Yep, it's owned by future NHL Hall of Famer Teemu Selanne.

javier's might be the cougar capital of the world

Javier is my friend's (and fellow Deac) neighbor in Newport Coast.

You come all the way to Javier's and don't call...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

And yet when Sokolove pretty much only bumps old rj threads or reposts old rj posts in other threads, that’s fine to you.

Why are you making this thread about me? and about your insatiable need to feel superior over total BS.

I heard there’s a dude there who throws the most amazing lemonparties.

thanks for the input, especially RJ. Sorry I didn't get a chance to give you a call - we ended up with way less free time than advertised. I did have some nice dinners; we enjoyed Cucina Alessa quite a bit on RJ's rec.

Was able to go to the Magic Castle, though. Cool experience.

no, it was a Tuesday night so i'm sure it was mostly B squad though i don't know jack about the magician world. We saw Marcus Eddie, John Carney, Jeff Ezell, Chipper Lowell, and Han Seol-Hui plus some roving dudes.

Back