• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I Just All Of A Sudden Stopped Listening To Music

marquee moon

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
Has this happened to any of you?

It's been months now except for an occasional dabbling.

I don't even listen to my #olds music, let alone the new stuff that redsoxfatty and TAB spew on about.

I haven't really listened to a new album in a few years, just nothing much interests me. I mostly listen to live shows when at work.

tagger, no townie bait

He is like TAB, those guys will never stop listening to music

i never understood the whole "sit and just listen to music" thing

ITC is quite literally the perfect US consumer. He has money, but not "fuck you money" to the point where he's careful with it. He's not to the point yet of kids so he's got plenty of disposable income that way, too. But plenty of people without money spend a lot anyway (me), they're just discerning, developing tastes more carefully and figuring out by trying as many different things as possible, cultivating a taste for what is consistently good, etc.

It happens to me sometimes when I get real busy at work coupled with not being in the car much.

I've been this way for years. It started in my early 30s, coinciding with getting married and having kids. Occasionally, I'll get on Spotify or YouTube and look up a song that's on my mind. Maybe I'll listen to a playlist for a bit. It's not a regular thing. I listen to NPR or sports talk in the car. I listen to podcasts while I work although I do that much less frequently than I used to do.

Yea, I have all of my music on my phone and just play via Bluetooth in the car. Same 3-4 playlists all the time. Other than driving, I don't listen to music and have no idea what any current music is, unless it's featured in a commercial or something Haha.

i never understood the whole "sit and just listen to music" thing

I very rarely sit on my couch doing nothing but listening to music. Rather, I listen to music when I'm working at my computer, when I'm running or working out, doing yard work, walking the dog, hanging with Wife by outdoor fire, or just doing stuff around the house. I have spotify and I consider it the best $9 I spend every month.

Do you keep your big boards where you diligently adjust your rankings in your den or in your living room?

The proliferation of good podcasts has made music a 2nd tier listening experience while working out, gardening, playing video games, whatever.

If I somehow run out of them, only then do I throw on some music.

I very rarely sit on my couch doing nothing but listening to music. Rather, I listen to music when I'm working at my computer, when I'm running or working out, doing yard work, walking the dog, hanging with Wife by outdoor fire, or just doing stuff around the house. I have spotify and I consider it the best $9 I spend every month.

This.

It has never happened to me, and I hope it never does. For practical reasons, it won't happen anytime soon simply because I'm in a band so we have to play/learn/practice songs. However, music is my great escape. It helps me focus, helps me concentrate, and also relaxes me. There are few things better to me than sitting down for a nap and throwing on music. Usually, I like to go with something from the progressive vein-- old Yes or maybe some Steven Wilson. My mind gets lost in the chords, the changes, the general structure. Not a week or a month goes by where I don't notice something new and intriguing. It keeps me sharp and on my toes. And generally, it just makes me happy.

Last edited:
What kind of range do you get on those Bluetooth headphones? 40 feet or so? Thinking about getting some for the gym.

The most music I listen to in my car is if NPR has their segment with a random DJ from someplace in America and he/she just samples music that they like.

yarp.

working from home 75% of the time, spotify has been a revelation.

My interest in music is at an all-time high now (thanks, Spotify), but it ebbs and flows. Wouldn't surprise me if I've gone a year in between posts on the usic Thread before.

Old guy here. Went off music for years in my 40s, but now I'm in a renaissance. Been introduced to a lot of new music by my son, and I've been rediscovering a lot of music I didn't formerly give the attention it deserved.

Back