• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I know he had that drop but....

Sadly, that drop cost him the ACC record for catches in a game. Instead he tied himself and others at 16. Plus he probably would have gotten a catch or two in OT (Lobo playcalling notwithstanding).

Nevertheless he is our MVP and an all-time great Deacon.

I wasn't home last weekend, DVR'd the game, and chose not watch after I learned what had happened. I just watched a youtube clip of the "drop." Sure, Camp catches those 8 of 10 times, but still...is that one really in the "bad drop" category?

I wasn't home last weekend, DVR'd the game, and chose not watch after I learned what had happened. I just watched a youtube clip of the "drop." Sure, Camp catches those 8 of 10 times, but still...is that one really in the "bad drop" category?
I love Camp and he is right there with Zo for favorite Wake football player. It definitely falls in the "bad drop" category. Camp would tell you the same. He is still poised for a monster season and hopefully he breaks the ACC record for most catches in a game. Anyone know where he stands in the total catches category compared to the ACC leader?

It was definitely a drop, but not a "bad drop" if that makes sense. No doubt Camp would say he definitely should have had it.

I don't know that a two point conversion would have counted as a catch anyways but he would have almost certainly had one in OT.

Camp is 100 receptions behind the all-time leader Connor Vernon for most catches. Camp is at 183 and Vernon is at 283

I don't know that a two point conversion would have counted as a catch anyways but he would have almost certainly had one in OT.

Correct. The completed 2 point conversion pass would not have counted as one of his catches.

Tanner didn't do him any favors on that play. A throw to his chest or face would have resulted in a conversion.

Tanner didn't do him any favors on that play. A throw to his chest or face would have resulted in a conversion.

Agree, from my viewpoint. I was not an impossible catch, but also not an easy catch. I thought he had it.

It was a busted play and Tanner was on the run, wasn't he? I've criticized Tanner for his lack of accuracy on those short and medium throws, but that was a pretty darn good throw. Just a tough play all around.

Well that may be his last opportunity to taste victory as a WF football player.

This thread has 372 views and Camp has only gained 20 votes from it? Come on Deacs!!

Camp should get minimal if any grief over the dropped 2-pt play. He was a huge reason we were even in that position to tie the game.

Back