• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If 2 assistant coaches are indeed fired and Bzzz stays....

liveanddiedeac

Reaction score
is there any bigger indictment of how big a piece of crap he is? If he would sit by and allow 2 of his assistants get canned and not take it upon himself to step down, I think that IS about all you need to know about the man. At least professionally anyway.

Last edited:
It would be really interesting to see who we could entice to join the staff. Why would anyone worth his salt come?

It would be really interesting to see who we could entice to join the staff. Why would anyone worth his salt come?

There will be some assistants recently out of work that would come, but anybody with many other options, doubtful I would think.

As I posted on the other thread, if we heard from Feinstein that bzd was staying, and that was the entire message, I would freak the fuck out. But the news around two assistants being fired (the pool to choose from is Childress, battle and rusty) makes this story lack any credibility at all. The only possible way this happens if Ron harbors a secret fantasy of being the only person sitting in LjVM in 2016 while a 5-12 va tech team throttles wake 82-55. I could be wrong but I want to give him the smallest bit of credit for not being this completely insane.

Wellman wouldn't even make Grobe fire Lobo during those last few dismal years when there were glaring problems from that position.

Can't see this theory playing out at all. Bzz is gone and the assistants may go with him, but they're not going while bzz stays.

Wellman wouldn't even make Grobe fire Lobo during those last few dismal years when there were glaring problems from that position.

Can't see this theory playing out at all. Bzz is gone and the assistants may go with him, but they're not going while bzz stays.

Yeah, but sometimes I wonder if maybe that was what made Grobe decide to step down. Ron may have told Grobe he'd have to make major staff changes and he declined and decided it was time to move on.

What good does that do? Either way lobo is out of a job then and has a weaker hand to trade from. If grobe really cared about lobo and was given that choice, the best thing for lobo would be for grobe to stay in his role and bust ass to help lobo find a job somewhere while he has a good role (on paper). Resigning instead of firing someone when you know the resignation also means that person loses their jobs makes zero sense.

While this scenario isn't going to unfold, I will say at that point someone would need to step in and remove Wellman from office because he clearly is incapable of carrying out the duties of his office.

What good does that do? Either way lobo is out of a job then and has a weaker hand to trade from. If grobe really cared about lobo and was given that choice, the best thing for lobo would be for grobe to stay in his role and bust ass to help lobo find a job somewhere while he has a good role (on paper). Resigning instead of firing someone when you know the resignation also means that person loses their jobs makes zero sense.

I don't think Grobe was given a choice of keeping Lobo. I think he was told to either make major staff changes or move on. I think Grobe would've rather resigned then to have to get rid of members of his staff like Lobo.

While this scenario isn't going to unfold, I will say at that point someone would need to step in and remove Wellman from office because he clearly is incapable of carrying out the duties of his office.

Yeah, but who's going to do it. I think Hatch is perfectly fine with athletics sucking as long as the programs are clean. Hatch only real interest in college sports is probably Notre Dame.

Yeah, but who's going to do it. I think Hatch is perfectly fine with athletics sucking as long as the programs are clean. Hatch only real interest in college sports is probably Notre Dame.

Hatch is very image conscious. At that point he would recognize that this situation is bringing bad press to Wake, and poisoning the well for donations.

Yeah, who the hell is going to come work for [Redacted] at Wake when he's entering the fifth year of his tenure and the only possible outcome that would lead to his retention is an unlikely NCAA tournament bid? The only possible candidates are guys who are out of work already and really can't afford to take a year off, even if it means they'll be looking for a job again in 12 months.

RW has not only ruined the last 4 seasons for us with the unfathomable Bzz hire, but now he's even ruining us watching the NCAAT because he's still dicking around there and apparently making us wait for his return to Winston to shit can the loser.

The huge difference is that Lobo was Grobe's man all along. All three Bz assistants are Wake guys, not Bz guys. What if Bz tells RW he deserves a chance with his own staff? Literally insane, I know, but what in this situation isn't.

The huge difference is that Lobo was Grobe's man all along. All three Bz assistants are Wake guys, not Bz guys. What if Bz tells RW he deserves a chance with his own staff? Literally insane, I know, but what in this situation isn't.

I have no trouble believing Bzzz would tell that to RW, I mean the man defects blame for everything. I can see him telling Ron, " Well, buddy, you know you didn't let me choose my own staff and I think that hasn't given me the chance I deserve, so let's get rid of the dead weight and let me hire a couple of new assistants." (said as they were spooning)

If Bz were to stay and Childress was one of the assistants fired it would create the biggest shitstorm the athletic department ever faced. Even Wellman has to understand this. I'm patiently waiting for Bz's resignation announcement.

Back