• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Impeachment: The Sequel

I'm with you and DC on this 1. And as part of the deal, they got Herrera Beutler's statement into the record, which is damning. And it left congressional Pubs calling for each others' heads. Unless you watch Fox/OAN/Newsmax, you understand that Trump urged on his supporters on 1/6, and that's over half the country. One of the other matters that will come out in the ensuing investigation is why the capitol police force was insufficient that day and why Trump and the pentagon took so long to accept Hogan's and Northam's National Guard assistance. I suspect that won't look good either for team Trump. Senate Dems realized they weren't getting 17 Pubs no matter what, so they made the right decision in the end. And they even got Kennedy and Burr. It was as good as it could be, in only took a week, and now on to the agenda.

If they do a 9/11-type of report, I'd be very surprised if it didn't highlight the months leading up to 1/6 and the events of the day were inevitable because of their actions.

again dems had nothing
dems hatred of trump gonna cost them the house next election

Had nothing? They got more votes from the opposition party than any impeachment in history.

When you sneeze, do you give Trump an enema?

Hard agree! Totally EXONERATED! Dems had nothing and are hiding in the tall grass.

What’s a bird that hides in tall grass like the Dems?

McConnell knows he stacked the deck for Trump. That’s why he can pose and know nothing will happen.

Last edited:
What’s a bird that hides in tall grass like the Dems?

McConnell knows he stacked the deck for Trump. That’s why he can pose and know nothing will happen.

American Bitterns:

de27b788e6d5cdceca9d574f4256a861.jpg

(One of the 50 species i saw on my hike this morning!)

American Bitterns:

de27b788e6d5cdceca9d574f4256a861.jpg

(One of the 50 species i saw on my hike this morning!)

Damn. Good fit.

Trump is like the KD of politics. Elite con man but he had to join an elite corruption franchise to win back to back.

It’s strange to think that if a member of the senate had been killed then Trump still wouldn’t have been convicted. If he didn’t incite it, he didn’t incite it. How many senators would it have taken for Pubs to even care? 3? 5? Only if they were Republicans? Apparently 5 people dead wasn’t even enough to keep Hawley in the damn room.

Last edited:
The lubish dodo.

In some ways the tragic story of the extinction of dodo is an appropriate metaphor for Democrats. Dodos evolved and lived in the undisturbed tropical forests on the island of Mauritius, where they had no experience to land based predators. When humans first arrived by ship in the 1500s the bird had no instinct to run and hide or fear for their lives. Portuguese and Dutch sailors came to island and had an easy source of fresh meat by simply walking up to the birds and grabbing them. The sailors ate and killed many species on Mauritius in the early years, drove many species extinct or to the verge of extinction, and ruined the delicate ecosystems of the island. It took about 130 years for the sailors to eat all of the dodos and the Dodos never learned not to trust the sailors. Similar to how seemingly naive Democrats continue to trust and try to work with Republicans while the GOP destroys our democracy.

In other ways the metaphor doesn’t fit at all because, as best we can tell, Dodos were forest birds and didn’t live in the grasslands, and they especially didn’t hide there because they didn’t hide at all. However, in both cases sailors are the antagonist of the story.

"dems had nothing"? lol wut

A sitting president incited a riot upon the Capitol building that resulted in property damage, physical injury, and several deaths.

several deaths how many is several
incited how quote his words

Silk, your traitor loving concepts are big trouble if you try to argue law with MichDeac.

Back