• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

In-N-Out Burger

Cookout's shakes own, but I've never really been a huge fan of their actual food.

Shake Shack was very underwhelming after all the hype. Expensive too.

maybe........ i wonder if the dc locations aren't as good because i feel like everyone that's had those locations feels this way

Shake Shack was very underwhelming after all the hype. Expensive too.

I've been three times to the DC location in Dupont. The second time was amazing. Burgers were juicy/delicious and the toppings were perfectly rationed (on top of the meat actually being cooked correctly). The other two times were very good, but not life-changing. (Disclaimer: sober all three times)

theres some chain place within walking distance of the cosmopolitan in vegas that was good and clutch for the early am vegas funk. fatburger i think

Since this started about about CA.....if you are in LA and want a shake, there are two places to go :

1. The Rainbow on Sunset- This is where Tarantino got his idea for the $5 shake in Pulp Fiction. They use Hagen Dazs.
2. Hamburger stand on Century Blvd- SW corner between 405 and Hollywood Park (about 2 miles from LAX on the same street). From the outside it looks like 1000 other hamburger stands, but they make incredible shakes.

Shake Shack is wonderful. I heard the one in DC wasn't nearly as good as the one's in NY, so I wouldn't judge it based on the DC location. Dare I say their shakes are better than Cookout, but much more expensive.

Heading back east in a few hours. Just wanted to update. I did get a chance to have In N Out burger for lunch yesterday. Figured I'd give it a whirl. Got the double double animal style with fries. Verdict. Meh... Burger was pretty good, for a fast food type burger. Fries were horrible. Should have saved all those calories for something else, like beer.

First tried In N' Out in LA in spring 2010. Totally underwhelmed. I even went twice to get an appropriate sample size (the first stop was Inglewood and I thought maybe I just picked a crappy location). It's about a half-step up from McDonald's. Not even in the same league as Five Guys.

Of course it's not in the same league as Five Guys. A double/double costs about half of what Five Guys cheeseburger does.

In N Out is a better version of McD, BK or Wendy's but that's about it.

Of course it's not in the same league as Five Guys. A double/double costs about half of what Five Guys cheeseburger does.

In N Out is a better version of McD, BK or Wendy's but that's about it.

Sadly, not that I have a huge sample size to go with here, but based on my In N Out experience if I were faced with only having the option between it and your other "lesser" equivalents, I would definitely go with Spendy's as my number one. I would certainly go with In N Out before McDonald's. If I had to go with BK I would just starve, but somehow still be a fattie...

My favorite thing about SoCal is all those taco stands. I enjoyed those more than any fancy restaurant. Nothing like a real quesadilla!

had brooks for lunch yesterday. sign says worlds best burger. not sure if worlds best but close. can get their chili at the hairy teets now win

My favorite thing about SoCal is all those taco stands. I enjoyed those more than any fancy restaurant. Nothing like a real quesadilla!

There's a a storefront around the corner that makes everything from scratch. Their steak quesadilla is great. Their salsa go from mildly hot to take the roof off your mouth. They even have the Mexican sodas and a couple of unusual Mexican beers.

I don't know about the food but Alex, "your humble narrator" from A Clockwork Orange, would've thought the name In-N-Out Burger just inviting as hell.

Back