• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Indiana Game Review / N.C. State Game Week Thread

They can't have him.
He's already coaching for a 4-0 team.
Why would he want to go to a loser?

a 4-0 team that beat Duke in Durham.

How did ND do against Duke?

And wasn't that a home game for ND?

What do you guys want to know? Ask away.

The transfer QB is a pleasant surprise. Running game is solid and deep. A couple of receivers have shown promise but have not set themselves apart. New OC seems to be an improvement. We don't usually turn the ball over. Nyheim Hines has not made a difference so far but he's a great athlete.

Defense is not good. LBs are not good. Secondary seems to always be in the right general area but don't make plays. Sometimes our tackling looks like a high school team. We do have some talent on the DL. Defensive schemes are just hard to understand. I don't get what they're even trying to do sometimes.

As most of you know. Tailgating is the best part of coming to Raleigh for the game. Don't be shy about introducing yourselves and the vast majority of the time you will be handed a drink and some food.

I do think State wins this one mainly because the home team in this series usually wins, we are coming off a bye week, the team wants to prove something after shitting the bed at ECU and you don't have Hinton. However it wouldn't surprise me at all if you guys come in and get the win.

The transfer QB is a pleasant surprise. Running game is solid and deep. A couple of receivers have shown promise but have not set themselves apart. New OC seems to be an improvement. We don't usually turn the ball over. Nyheim Hines has not made a difference so far but he's a great athlete.

Defense is not good. LBs are not good. Secondary seems to always be in the right general area but don't make plays. Sometimes our tackling looks like a high school team. We do have some talent on the DL. Defensive schemes are just hard to understand. I don't get what they're even trying to do sometimes.

As most of you know. Tailgating is the best part of coming to Raleigh for the game. Don't be shy about introducing yourselves and the vast majority of the time you will be handed a drink and some food.

I do think State wins this one mainly because the home team in this series usually wins, we are coming off a bye week, the team wants to prove something after shitting the bed at ECU and you don't have Hinton. However it wouldn't surprise me at all if you guys come in and get the win.

Much appreciated. Agree that State has the edge due to home field and the bye. WF does has some mojo going; so, if it's close late, like WF's chances. Naturally, WF needs to stay in the game early unlike last year's debacle.

This description of your team sounds a good match up for the deacs. Incredible run defense and D-line gets to the quarterback, but our CB's seem like a weak position where you said is the only spot on offense no one has set themselves apart. Hopefully our safeties learn to help over the top when our receivers get burned.

We seem to finally have a strong running attack against what you say is a weak LB core and and above average(?) D-line, weak secondary where our receivers can make play since they finally started to against Indiana. Maybe Wolford can make theLB's miss once or twice when he scrambles, who knows.

I have an ACC fantasy team and traded Nyheim Hines away because he wasn't doing much for me. Don't let this be the game he goes off pls k thx

Thanks for the info! Are your special teams as bad as some on your boards are making them out to be?

Based on Wuffey's description of State's team Wake appears to match up very favorably with State. I really like Wake's chances here.

I'm not sure if State having a bye last week is as much of a factor this early in the season as it would be later. Wake has great momentum going right now, have shown we can win on the road even without Hinton and Carney, yet the 10 point line still shows that we need to earn some respect.

Thanks for the info! Are your special teams as bad as some on your boards are making them out to be?

Kicking game is about as bad as I've ever seen. Return game is strong and kick coverage is OK. We can't execute a "fake" at all. I guess because teams know we don't trust the kickers. I see some of your points about the match ups of strengths vs weaknesses. We have potential all over the place but things have not come together and the coaching decisions (besides new OC) have been questionable at best.

Really just hope my dad and I don't have mini bottles thrown at us again. Have seen Wake cars vandalized as well. I've got a lot of friends who are State fans, but overall the fans give Clemson a really good run for worst in the ACC.

Really just hope my dad and I don't have mini bottles thrown at us again. Have seen Wake cars vandalized as well. I've got a lot of friends who are State fans, but overall the fans give Clemson a really good run for worst in the ACC.

If any of the mini bottles are full this time, hook a bro up.

I hear this kind of stuff on occasion and am always surprised. I've been attending State games since the late 70s and I've never witnessed anything like this. i've seen a few drunk fights but always between State fans. I've arrived early to tailgate and stayed late. I just don't get how I would have missed it if it was so common. If a fan near me threw a mini bottle at an opposing fan they would have to deal with me and several dozen people sitting around me that have been there for years. Sorry for your experience.

I hear this kind of stuff on occasion and am always surprised. I've been attending State games since the late 70s and I've never witnessed anything like this. i've seen a few drunk fights but always between State fans. I've arrived early to tailgate and stayed late. I just don't get how I would have missed it if it was so common. If a fan near me threw a mini bottle at an opposing fan they would have to deal with me and several dozen people sitting around me that have been there for years. Sorry for your experience.

I think it depends on where your seats are located. Between the 35 and 35 - really good folks. On the fringes, not so great, but I suppose that is the case with most college and pro stadiums.

State fans are also almost always friendly at pre-game tailgate. Have enjoyed my experiences there.

since this happened, i've always assumed this guy is the base id for all state fans:

FAT-SHIRTLESS-NCSTATE-GUY.gif

I'm not sure if State having a bye last week is as much of a factor this early in the season as it would be later. Wake has great momentum going right now, have shown we can win on the road even without Hinton and Carney, yet the 10 point line still shows that we need to earn some respect.

It's probably a negative for Dave Doeren to get more time to coach 'em up.

I went to a State game during the Grobe era and the fans at tailgates were cool and fans sitting near me were mostly friendly and engaged in some amicable back and forth razzing.

Wake blew the lead by playing not to lose instead of playing to win and State came back to win the game.

After the game as I was leaving the stadium opposing fans were cursing and spitting at me from above as I walked through the tunnel/stairwell to the concourse because I was wearing a Wake Forest hat.

Back