• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Inside Carolina Posts Generally Positive on the Manning Hire

Brangus

Reaction score
Yes I know Fuck Carolina and who cares and all that but they love to shit on all things Wake Forest and so far the thread is positive. One guy claims to know Danny personally, but then so did a friend of my dead cousin twice removed.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=78&f=1410&t=12795519

Is that good or bad? Didn't the other teams thing [Redacted] was a good hire?

I have had numerous unc fans/boosters tell me how lucky we are and he's a great hire. It can't be a bad thing.

And Bilas still thinks Buzz is a great coach. Rivals aren't to be trusted.

When I was driving in to work in the morning, the national sports show I listen to on XM broke in with Goodman's tweet about the hire, and those guys (not super college hoops experts) were pretty excited about it. They were thinking that Manning was next in line for Kansas if Self bails for the NBA, so that taking our job was a positive. They talked a bit about how he should do well recruiting, even though moving from the Midwest to the Southeast. Every non-Wake fan I've talked with about it has been relatively optomistic about the hire. He is a big name with a great track record as an assistant, who took his first head-coached team to the Tourney in his second year. From the outside looking in, I think it comes off as a pretty good hire.

Every non-Wake fan I've talked with about it has been relatively optomistic about the hire. He is a big name with a great track record as an assistant, who took his first head-coached team to the Tourney in his second year. From the outside looking in, I think it comes off as a pretty good hire.
That's been my experience as well. Several texts saying "great hire".

A lot of people have told me they think this is a good hire. I did not hear much after [Redacted] was hired other than "who the fuck did Wake hire"?

Back