• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Irvine, CA

PirateDeacon

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me about Irvine? I'm about to graduate soon and I am more than likely moving to California. I like LA but it's too expensive, or at least in most spots. I'm leaning more towards Irvine or San Diego.

Irvine's not expensive?

Are you going to be working or going to school?

What are you and your roomies looking for?

What do you like to do?

Check your PM.

I will be working, I'm about to get a marketing degree so I'll be exploring those options out there.

We are all music lovers, so we will be playing music and going to as many shows as financially possible. Our old bassist already lives in Irvine. The goal is to eventually make music our careers but that will take a while, obviously. It's a highly competitive field but in the mean time I will be in marketing.

rj when are you gonna come hang with me palma and buckets

I will be working, I'm about to get a marketing degree so I'll be exploring those options out there.

We are all music lovers, so we will be playing music and going to as many shows as financially possible. Our old bassist already lives in Irvine. The goal is to eventually make music our careers but that will take a while, obviously. It's a highly competitive field but in the mean time I will be in marketing.

First of all there aren't that many places in OC or LA that will pay for you to play unless you play covers until you get a following.

If you go to SD, you are stuck in SD. It's over an hour to OC and two hours to LA.

Depending on where you are in OC you are between 45-90 minutes from LA to go to shows.

If there are a few people, you might be able to afford Huntington Beach or the decent parts of Costa Mesa. Each is closer to LA than Irvine.

Check this out for places to see music in OC http://www.ocweekly.com/

I can tell you about where to eat, shop, etc., if you want to know.

There is one downside to Irvine. If you aren't by UCI, it is really boring and bedroom.

Irvine might not be for us if there isn't much of a music scene there. LA is still a possibility because there is a decent amount of marketing jobs there.

Might look at San Fran too but I'd rather be in southern cali.

Irvine might not be for us if there isn't much of a music scene there. LA is still a possibility because there is a decent amount of marketing jobs there.

Might look at San Fran too but I'd rather be in southern cali.

SF is much, much more expensive.

Housing in a decent area of LA is more expensive than OC.

You may be able to get places to play in OC easier than LA (unless you are willing to pay to play). You can also be in LA in about an hour.

A 20 something, sharing a place and earning $47K could live OK in LA or OC.

Yeah, LA is a big place. Find a couple of roommates and you can live in a pretty decent location for under $800 a month.

Back