• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is it time for jhmd to go?

DistrictDeacon

Reaction score
As a board and a Wake Forest community, do we really want someone like this representing us?

It's one thing to support Donald Trump, many on this board do it respectfully.

It's another to say that the proper response to violent nazism is "to talk to them."

I think it's time for the owners and users of this board to think if these are the type of views we want to condone and allow.

You're giving him exactly what he wants when you make a thread like this.

Just ignore him. It's not hard.

As a board and a Wake Forest community, do we really want someone like this representing us?

It's one thing to support Donald Trump, many on this board do it respectfully.

It's another to say that the proper response to violent nazism is "to talk to them."

I think it's time for the owners and users of this board to think if these are the type of views we want to condone and allow.

I'll make you a bet: If you can find anything I have posted that contains this quote, I will be glad to leave the boards forever,

But if you can't back up this utterly baseless charge, will you leave the boards forever?

Grow up.

Post #597 on the Nazi thread.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Post #597 on the Nazi thread.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

You don't read well at all. That's the reason you didn't quote it, you knew you were being dishonest. I said you should address the conduct with the wrong-doer, rather than attributing it to people who had nothing to do with it. You disagree?

So again, your solution in the case of Nazi "wrong-doers" is to "talk to them".

Disgusting and no place on this board, or in this society.

So again, your solution in the case of Nazi "wrong-doers" is to "talk to them".

Disgusting and no place on this board, or in this society.

Ordinarily, I would ignore garbage posts like yours, but there is a lesson here for you to learn, so let's proceed. This is my position, quoted verbatim, with emphasis added.

---

This is actually a useful post, albeit one I think is misguided. But it's a start.

These idiots who intentionally drove a car into a peaceful protest are...idiots. They aren't indicative of the administration. They aren't indicative of the GOP. You all know this, of course, because you're the first ones (rightly) to say that the Dallas shooter didn't speak for all of BLM.

So...let's practice what we so-often preach, okay? That's all.

This guy should be arrested, charged tried and if convicted, punished. What he did clearly looks to be heinous, premeditated and calculated to intimidate. He deserves what's coming to him. We should be able to accomplish this without exploiting it for political advantage.
---
I will leave it to the reader to assess whether you were being honest or not.

eta: Life has a funny way of letting you know when you're off course, DistrictDeacon. The post you didn't quote---for obvious reasons that would have undone your smear---was followed by post #598, which reads unaltered as follows:

"I can't make you honest. I'm not going to try. I'll settle for accountable."

I don't want your apology. I want you to scrape it together so we don't have to do this again in the future.

Last edited:
The board liberals love to make up their own rules (and definitions) as they go along. Hint: Everyone whom they arbitrarily label a racist is not a racist. It simply fits their personal argument better if they can assign the label racist to anyone who doesn't agree with their position on a given topic.

So it is not surprising that DD pulled this stunt with the term "quote". I've come to have very low expectations for liberal millennials on this board. In that way I'm not disappointed as often. Most of them have been pampered all their lives in a country club background and feel that this is how they can make their contribution to society to counter their own lifetime of white privilege.....not by giving up any of their own privilege but by attempting to assume the high moral ground by posting as indignant whites who are suddenly concerned about those who have been less well off than they have been. Sure, that's juvenile and shallow....but you have to remember that many of these people are still young...under 30 and still going to grad schools instead of actually getting out there and actually doing something. Eventually, they will have to face the real world, after dad's money runs out or they max out their credit. For now, though, this is how they are making their contribution to solving society's problems.....indignant rants on chat boards.

Ordinarily, I would ignore garbage posts like yours, but there is a lesson here for you to learn, so let's proceed. This is my position, quoted verbatim, with emphasis added.

---

This is actually a useful post, albeit one I think is misguided. But it's a start.

These idiots who intentionally drove a car into a peaceful protest are...idiots. They aren't indicative of the administration. They aren't indicative of the GOP. You all know this, of course, because you're the first ones (rightly) to say that the Dallas shooter didn't speak for all of BLM.

So...let's practice what we so-often preach, okay? That's all.

This guy should be arrested, charged tried and if convicted, punished. What he did clearly looks to be heinous, premeditated and calculated to intimidate. He deserves what's coming to him. We should be able to accomplish this without exploiting it for political advantage.
---
I will leave it to the reader to assess whether you were being honest or not.

eta: Life has a funny way of letting you know when you're off course, DistrictDeacon. The post you didn't quote---for obvious reasons that would have undone your smear---was followed by post #598, which reads unaltered as follows:

"I can't make you honest. I'm not going to try. I'll settle for accountable."

I don't want your apology. I want you to scrape it together so we don't have to do this again in the future.

I'm not talking about your position on murders. I'm talking about your positions on how to best respond to Nazis.

Which is to directly quote you is "to talk to them".

I'm not talking about your position on murders. I'm talking about your positions on how to best respond to Nazis.

Which is to directly quote you is "to talk to them".

That isn't the quote. You're not good at this. Other posters have already pointed out your reading comprehension fail. Take the graceful exit, or if not, I'm happy to offer you something else...

2dwbxut.gif

Last edited:
The post you keep referencing was saying to talk to people you disagree with rather than calling them nazi sympathizers, which someone had effectively just done to him on that page. Not to "just talk with" actual nazis.

I disagree with censorship. Just point out that jhmd is a raging hypocrite that loves getting on his moral high horse and preaching about what the other side should do, but never actually practices this himself.

The post you keep referencing was saying to talk to people you disagree with rather than calling them nazi sympathizers, which someone had effectively just done to him on that page. Not to "just talk with" actual nazis.

Riiiiiiight. I feel like the OP's mistake that most people who went to, applied to and/or have ever parked at a college or university would have avoided. Let's see how committed to it he is.

Mods, what say you? Is the OP's characterization a fair and honest reading of my position in that thread? If so, when does my lifetime ban start? Can this board survive and condone the notion that we should address the wrong-doer, rather than lashing out at people who had nothing to do with the wrong-doing?

I disagree with censorship. Just point out that jhmd is a raging hypocrite that loves getting on his moral high horse and preaching about what the other side should do, but never actually practices this himself.

I bet you say that to all the guys.

Back