• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ish, now a Sixer, leads the way!

Ish doing lots of work in both proving townie wrong and for the Lakers Ben Simmons chances.

I am very impressed with Ish. There have been a few games where his shooting percentage is bad but since his arrival they are a much more competitive team. Even a few losses have been in ot. He has had some truly great games like the 28 points and 16 assists. Those are great numbers.

Another nice game for Ish tonight vs the champs! Too bad they couldn't finish off the comeback. He certainly has transformed the Sixers into a team with some hope for the future.

This story has a lot of info I did not know about Ish - I didn't know that 7 games into his freshman year he tore ligaments in his thumb.....

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...n_Ish_Smith_finds_a_home_with_the_Sixers.html

"There was a time when Smith was about to give up his love for basketball.

He was named the starting point guard at Wake Forest as a freshman. He tore a ligament in his right thumb in the seventh game. Demon Deacons coach Skip Prosser, who died the summer after Smith's first season, gave his rookie two options.

"Coach Prosser was like, 'Either you get surgery and we'll make it a public announcement or you'll get no surgery and you suck it up and not make it public,' " Smith recalled. "That's a Pittsburgh guy. So you suck it up. And I sucked it up."

He struggled with the injury. So much so that several fans (PH :)) voiced their displeasure with his performances. And for the first time, the lovable Smith was being criticized in the media.

So, after one turnover-plagued game, he hopped into a vehicle with his mother and siblings and began to cry.

"He said, 'I can't do this,' " Gwen recalled. " 'I want to go home.' And I looked at him and said, 'Boy, shut up! You wanted this. We are here to support you. So go and fight for what you want and don't come back anymore in tears. Go and get what you want.'

"From the day on, he grew up."

This story has a lot of info I did not know about Ish - I didn't know that 7 games into his freshman year he tore ligaments in his thumb.....

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...n_Ish_Smith_finds_a_home_with_the_Sixers.html

"There was a time when Smith was about to give up his love for basketball.

He was named the starting point guard at Wake Forest as a freshman. He tore a ligament in his right thumb in the seventh game. Demon Deacons coach Skip Prosser, who died the summer after Smith's first season, gave his rookie two options.

"Coach Prosser was like, 'Either you get surgery and we'll make it a public announcement or you'll get no surgery and you suck it up and not make it public,' " Smith recalled. "That's a Pittsburgh guy. So you suck it up. And I sucked it up."

He struggled with the injury. So much so that several fans (PH :)) voiced their displeasure with his performances. And for the first time, the lovable Smith was being criticized in the media.

So, after one turnover-plagued game, he hopped into a vehicle with his mother and siblings and began to cry.

"He said, 'I can't do this,' " Gwen recalled. " 'I want to go home.' And I looked at him and said, 'Boy, shut up! You wanted this. We are here to support you. So go and fight for what you want and don't come back anymore in tears. Go and get what you want.'

"From the day on, he grew up."

Concord's finest. Well done Ish!!!

Ish had 25 points, on 9-18 shooting (3-6 threes) 4-7 FTs, 7 assists and 2 turnovers in Sixers 108-116 loss to Wiz. Sixers don't play defense anymore. Wall scored 37! pts and Gortat had 18 pts and 20 rebs for Wiz.

Ish with another 26 points last night with a good shooting percentage. 5 assists but the sixers list of course.

What kinda $$ he pulling in?

Ish had signed with the Wiz over the summer for a non-guaranteed vet min of supposedly $947,276 or thereabouts. That is the listed cap hit for him. His "cash salary" is listed as $1.1 million. He was cut and signed with the Pellies for the same. Because the 76ers traded for him, presumably he is still on that deal. So pick your number.

Ish with a near double double - 10 pts, 9 assists in 32 minutes as sixers win for the first time in a while. I'm sure they'll take the win, even if it is over the 19-47 Nets. But he still can't shoot (4-13, 1-5 threes).

The sixers continue to lose but Ish has put up good numbers in the back to back weekend games. He is right around 20 and 9 per game and had double digit bounds one game. Keep it up Ish you may be the pg in Philly for awhile.

Ish gets up and blocks Marvin Williams.

hard to believe that some of you guys hate Ish

14.9 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 7.1 apg/2.5 TO, and 1.5 spg is damn impressive.

Doing so on 15.3 field goal attempts per game (41.3% 2FG, 33.3% 3FG, 65.8% FT) makes it a bit less impressive.

Agreed, but he will have several good games in a row and then go 1-9 or 4-15 that really hurt the averages. I keep hoping the games will level out. But he is the best point guard they have had in awhile. I know that's not raising the bar very high.

Back