• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

John Collins

I think it says a lot when you set three target recruits and you get commitments from all three. None of these guys, to my knowledge, were fallbacks. This bodes extremely well for the future. Fantastic job by Manning and staff.

You could make a pretty convincing argument that Collins was a fallback (and that Crawford was the result of missing out on Beasley), but that's grasping at straws, probably. These commits were, if not our #1 targets, our #1a targets, and they're really inspiring as far as the future of this program is concerned.

Collins is gonna be a baller. Great body control already and he is only 16. Watch out once his strength catches up with the rest of his development. Really excited for him and for us. A great match.

Any possibility we have him prep? Kinda makes sense given how young he is, but obviously we need all the length we can get as quickly as we can get it.

Any possibility we have him prep? Kinda makes sense given how young he is, but obviously we need all the length we can get as quickly as we can get it.

why would we want that? currently we have one ACC-caliber front court player

Reminds me of Mike Scott from UVA.

Front court is going to be good moving forward. Obviously early, but Manning looks like a really nice hire so far. Recruiting doesn't seem to be a problem at all

I think we all underestimated the amount of pull Manning has to parents of these guys, as well as his No. 1 overall draft status. That's huge for these guys.

Front court is going to be good moving forward. Obviously early, but Manning looks like a really nice hire so far. Recruiting doesn't seem to be a problem at all

I think we all underestimated the amount of pull Manning has to parents of these guys, as well as his No. 1 overall draft status. That's huge for these guys.

Props to Manning, but clearly props to Childress as well. He's already proving the wisdom of keeping him around.

Randolph Childress, the assistant coach who did much of the legwork with Collins,

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wfu/my_take_on_wake/collins-call-keep-wake-on-a-roll/article_e0bcc34a-515e-11e4-a9a2-001a4bcf6878.html

Great job by Danniy Manning & the staff. These guys are working hard and it is paying off.

I think it says a lot when you set three target recruits and you get commitments from all three. None of these guys, to my knowledge, were fallbacks. This bodes extremely well for the future. Fantastic job by Manning and staff.

absolutely. that says as much as their actual rankings.
Anyone know why Collins is so lowly ranked? He does seem to be pretty athletic with good body control for a legit big man. Usually that combination is easily good for a top 100 ranking, even with modest basketball skills.

absolutely. that says as much as their actual rankings.
Anyone know why Collins is so lowly ranked? He does seem to be pretty athletic with good body control for a legit big man. Usually that combination is easily good for a top 100 ranking, even with modest basketball skills.

Emerged this summer. Is top 100 from a couple different services that saw him play more. His offer list pretty much tells the story.

Reminds me of Richard Howell at State. He'll be a very solid 4-year player. I like him a lot.

Emerged this summer. Is top 100 from a couple different services that saw him play more. His offer list pretty much tells the story.

Where was he before this summer? Was he a late bloomer or just lacked exposure. Those that don't have him top 100, are their rankings just not updated to reflect the summer, or is it more a factor of others guys have proven it longer.
Thanks, in advance.

Where was he before this summer? Was he a late bloomer or just lacked exposure. Those that don't have him top 100, are their rankings just not updated to reflect the summer, or is it more a factor of others guys have proven it longer.
Thanks, in advance.

To be honest, I don't know his story before this spring/summer. Started seeing his name pop up during the beginning of AAU season. Not sure when he hit his growth spurt. Since he's so young, wouldn't call him a late bloomer citing his improvement this year. Jerry Meyer of 247 and the Phenom Hoops guys saw him play a lot more than Evan Daniels or the ESPN guys, so that may be a factor. The Florida Flash isn't playing in as many of the big tourneys.

Deman said in an article post visit that he may be 6'10" so maybe he's not done growing yet.

Back