• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jose heading towards NYC

Charleston gets absolutely demolished in the most recent GFS run. Seems like a category five hit would just destroy the city.

PM from Antigua and Barbuda reported nearly 100 percent of homes in Barbuda were leveled.

Being in charleston, have to say I'm kinda worried about this one. "Best" news I've heard today was a Cat 2 around Hilton head

Something called One Caribbean Television said that there was no reported loss of life on Anguilla (about an hour ago), and much of the infrastructure seemed like it would be OK. Don't know anything about that outlet, but here's hoping they're right.

Something called One Caribbean Television said that there was no reported loss of life on Anguilla (about an hour ago), and much of the infrastructure seemed like it would be OK. Don't know anything about that outlet, but here's hoping they're right.

Separated by 25-30 miles

Cray

This fuckin thing. I'm thinking about flying in tomorrow to help my parents in SW florida. Think they are better off hunkering down than risking getting stuck on the roads, depending on traffic jams

Charleston gets absolutely demolished in the most recent GFS run. Seems like a category five hit would just destroy the city.

PM from Antigua and Barbuda reported nearly 100 percent of homes in Barbuda were leveled.

but it's probs not gonna be cat 5 when it hits Charleston

Official Hurricane Irma Thread (Category 5 Monster 185 MPH winds)

Gonna agree with Moonz here. Don't go. Parents should've left already.

Not really. Keys, Miami evacs and panic gassers had the whole state running out of gas early. Now if more of east coast FL goes I'm not sure there really was a window to leave from down that far except super duper early because FL is super long and you can't get out one tank of gas. Too many folks evacuate whole state or get panic gas, when really they should just leave the flood zones. I'm not super worried about them getting demolished just want to be there to help in aftermath cause their old or prevent them from leaving to get stuck in a traffic jam

Last edited:
Being in charleston, have to say I'm kinda worried about this one. "Best" news I've heard today was a Cat 2 around Hilton head

Yea, my daughter is in Charleston and I'm not happy about the latest projections - just hoping it turns again or weakens. She will have to be on duty at the hospital for the duration...

Yea, my daughter is in Charleston and I'm not happy about the latest projections - just hoping it turns again or weakens. She will have to be on duty at the hospital for the duration...

My girlfriend is in residency at MUSC so we are waiting to see what she has to do. Sounds like she may need to stay since she is on the Emergency Department rotation. If there is a mandatory evacuation obviously I will leave and she will stay at the hospital if she has to work.

Projections don't look good right now. Hopefully it steers off course.

The good news is that I believe where we are (Bee/Ashley) is one of the highest places in the actual peninsula.

This fuckin thing. I'm thinking about flying in tomorrow to help my parents in SW florida. Think they are better off hunkering down than risking getting stuck on the roads, depending on traffic jams

Where in swfl? Were they impacted by the rains the other week? Seems like sw may. E better than swfl

Florida looks like it might get some nasty crap if/as the storm skirts Eastern FL so hopefully it keeps moving Easternly. Furthermore, it doesn't look like anywhere in the US will get storm of the century-screwed as the storm is expected to weaken before making actual landfall somewhere in the Carolinas (NHC has it as a category 2 by then).

Not out of the woods yet but it looks like a potentially catastrophic hit for the US is looking more like a traditional hurricane one (like Hurricane Matthew) except this hurricane is moving fast so flooding shouldn't be as big an issue.

more than willing to put a homie or two up if yr escaping the storm and are willing to chill with two Wake comm grad students

My house in WS is open as well. Just gotta find the gas on your way up here. I got your meals if/once you arrive.

You also have to go cheer on the teams I coach. REQUIRED.

Back