• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Keep Randolph as assistant!

He'd be the loyal alum regardless and he'll be the easy choice if he moves up the ranks. Is that move going to be easier at Wake or elsewhere under a more experienced coach? He's basically choosing the same route Rusty did under Dino. Did that work out for Rusty?

Rusty hung on from Dino to [Redacted]. So his situation got worse. Chill's is getting better. And if Chill had been here for three or four years, I'd be more inclined to agree with you. But he's got one year of experience under [Redacted] - I don't know how much better his other options were going to be.

He'd be the loyal alum regardless and he'll be the easy choice if he moves up the ranks. Is that move going to be easier at Wake or elsewhere under a more experienced coach? He's basically choosing the same route Rusty did under Dino. Did that work out for Rusty?

If Rusty had stayed at D-III Greensboro College (2004-05) and moved up to a low-major job with a good track record of success maybe a tournament appearance or two over 10 years as a head coach, he would have been a top choice to come home and replace Bz.

Instead, he left Greensboro College and eventually made his way to back to MSD and now he's looking for a job.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Chill is a much different (and better) caliber coaching prospect than Rusty. I only say that because Rusty's resume was pretty pitiful when he was hired, and unlike Chill, he actually had some experience at a variety of levels by which to judge him. I don't know how many options Rusty had after GC, either. Dude went from a mid/low-tier DIII school to a low-tier private school, and had about as much success at each stop, which is to say not that much. I'm a Rusty-hater, for sure, but I still think we're talking apples and oranges.

Well, I'm glad we're clear that you're just guessing on his psychology. I'm also glad you know the best career path for him.

We'll see what happens. We're all just shooting the shit here with no crystal ball.

Inexperience hired more inexperience.

Let's just hope we've hired a diamond in the rough. Beyond this, it's only speculation.

Back