• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Keys to Victory: APP STATE

Record is 34,658 from the Miami game last year. Ended up sending students to the back of the end zone on the field.

https://mobile.twitter.com/appstate/status/777174225719291905

Also think that the Penn State game next season for App will be bigger than the game this weekend. Right in with the SEC games SD3 mentioned. He also forgot the Tennessee game last year which App State took them to OT and probably should have won if not for awful clock management and a missed FG.

The missed extra point killed us ... and the missed field goal ...

The missed extra point killed us ... and the missed field goal ...

Hey guys, App grad here checking in. I see some of the disdain here on the board for scheduling this game and I hate that you guys feel that way. I agree from your point of reference it is not a guaranteed victory over and opponent that really does not earn you loads of respect given you do walk away with the win. With that being said, it is undeniably a good thing for the western NC economy and an event that creates much hype throughout the state of North Carolina. I understand the point of view from those displaced from the state of North Carolina though. Still, I feel that if and when you decide to tune in Saturday, you will see a very entertaining atmosphere for college football with majority of our fans being quite respectful and knowledgeable of the game. We pride ourself on our football and App is 4th in the FBS is wins since we first turned it on as an FBS program in week 7 of the 2014 season. Our quarterback is the second active leader in wins in the nation behind Baker Mayfield at Oklahoma. We usually tend to boast a top 30 offense and defense at the FBS level granted against inferior competition compared to yourself. As you can see, we have quite an abundance of material to be prideful of. We are struggling so far on offense this season especially and it really has been crippling for our passing game having two of our top receivers out each game so far due to injury however we did show signs of putting that together in the second half of last week's game in my opinion. Our defense has been decent but they have not lived up to their potential quite yet. If we play to our potential, we could make this a game. If we play as we have so far, it may not be close. Regardless, that's a little bit about our program and I for one am always happy to host opposing clubs. Wish the best to you guys, and hope you enjoy the heck out of Boone. Please feel free to ask if any questions come up and I will do my best to check in and advise. Go Apps and thank the lord only one day away from game day! Am I right!?

Hey guys, App grad here checking in. I see some of the disdain here on the board for scheduling this game and I hate that you guys feel that way. I agree from your point of reference it is not a guaranteed victory over and opponent that really does not earn you loads of respect given you do walk away with the win. With that being said, it is undeniably a good thing for the western NC economy and an event that creates much hype throughout the state of North Carolina. I understand the point of view from those displaced from the state of North Carolina though. Still, I feel that if and when you decide to tune in Saturday, you will see a very entertaining atmosphere for college football with majority of our fans being quite respectful and knowledgeable of the game. We pride ourself on our football and App is 4th in the FBS is wins since we first turned it on as an FBS program in week 7 of the 2014 season. Our quarterback is the second active leader in wins in the nation behind Baker Mayfield at Oklahoma. We usually tend to boast a top 30 offense and defense at the FBS level granted against inferior competition compared to yourself. As you can see, we have quite an abundance of material to be prideful of. We are struggling so far on offense this season especially and it really has been crippling for our passing game having two of our top receivers out each game so far due to injury however we did show signs of putting that together in the second half of last week's game in my opinion. Our defense has been decent but they have not lived up to their potential quite yet. If we play to our potential, we could make this a game. If we play as we have so far, it may not be close. Regardless, that's a little bit about our program and I for one am always happy to host opposing clubs. Wish the best to you guys, and hope you enjoy the heck out of Boone. Please feel free to ask if any questions come up and I will do my best to check in and advise. Go Apps and thank the lord only one day away from game day! Am I right!?

Would have been a lot shorter if you just said you don't think your team is very good.

Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to the game nervously. I have a tremendous amount of respect for App's program and have for a long time. We really need to win this one as our schedule gets so difficult. I think this is a good, solid Wake team, but wins are going get hard to come by from here on out, even with that being the case.

I'm nervous but have talked myself into feeling a little better by noting that App only beat Texas State by a TD while Wake beat Utah State by 36 and Utah State would be a double digit favorite over Texas State on a neutral field.

I'm nervous but have talked myself into feeling a little better by noting that App only beat Texas State by a TD while Wake beat Utah State by 36 and Utah State would be a double digit favorite over Texas State on a neutral field.

I'm always nervous when we play, can't talk myself out of it. Well, I guess I wasn't nervous when we played Presby. Maybe for a moment or 2 before the kick, that thought of maybe this is Presby's year, it quickly passed. I'm a bit of a basket case when it comes to Wake football and basketball....:eek:hnoes:

I think I put a little cash on the App St moneyline against Miami last year. OOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSS.

Not to mention USU and BC beat opponents who beat Nevada and Nebraska. It's possible both end up being middle of the FBS teams when it's all said and done.

Whelp, unfortunately this is unpossible. Anyone know Charlotte bars that might be able to stream it? Came up completely empty against BC.

Whelp, unfortunately this is unpossible. Anyone know Charlotte bars that might be able to stream it? Came up completely empty against BC.

I have heard rumors that Buffalo Wild Wings has the ability to stream ESPN3 on their TVs, but that is completely unverified.

My hat's off to App Alum. Even he realizes a WF victory over ASU "does not earn you loads of respect." And he understands "the point of view from those displaced from the state of North Carolina." ASU is a good school and App Alum's objectivity is more evidence of same. Hopefully, WF will take a broader view of its financial and programmatic needs going forward regarding talk of renewing the old series. I have tremendous respect for App's football and educational program and can see in a renewed series WF going about 50-50 with these guys which will not be helpful to WF in the long run except guaranteed sell outs of the "visitor" side of Groves. Heck, maybe the extra money is worth the dings to our bowl chances each year but I don't think so. WF helped the old upstart that App was from 1975 to 2001 and I know we don't owe App anything more to help improve their regional and national image by positioning ASU to likely knock over an ACC team (WF) at an anticipated 40-50% rate of consistency. WF should pass this "love" for NON-CONF foes around to all the N. C. schools including ECU and UNCC, and UNC (when not matched up as CONF foe).

Last edited:

The Ales near University was showing the App vs. Texas St. game last Saturday, it may be the ASU alumni bar in Charlotte. I'd bet they have it on

Back