• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Eval of Kansas State

Might see us go small with Arians and McClinton at the 3/4. Arians could guard Wade and McClinton on Iwundu.

Maybe. That's always the dilemma. Do we stay big and try to just beat their brains in around the paint area or do we worry about chasing the "stretch 4" off the 3 point line with a 4th guard/wing type. It's a tough call, but it's a punch in the gut to lose games by the 3 ball.

Dinos has improved on defense - he just gets beat by quick guys. Wade's not all that quick. I'd expect Wade to take advantage of a screen or two and maybe a couple bad switches but I don't see him getting enough good looks against us to really light us up. I'm guessing we go with a lot of matchup zone, force them to hit outside shots early, and hopefully be more aggressive than normal on defense since they aren't a good free throw shooting team unlike everyone we play in the ACC. Iwundu is a matchup problem for us, but hopefully we can stop everyone else and still win even if he has a great game.

It'll be interesting to see how the refs call this one. I'm expecting K-State to try to make it a slow, physical, ugly game. We've seen Collins struggle in those situations, but if we get them in foul trouble he should dominate. Worried that this will be a Clemson-like experience, but hopefully we can hit free throws and gut it out anyway.

Dinos has improved on defense - he just gets beat by quick guys. Wade's not all that quick. I'd expect Wade to take advantage of a screen or two and maybe a couple bad switches but I don't see him getting enough good looks against us to really light us up. I'm guessing we go with a lot of matchup zone, force them to hit outside shots early, and hopefully be more aggressive than normal on defense since they aren't a good free throw shooting team unlike everyone we play in the ACC. Iwundu is a matchup problem for us, but hopefully we can stop everyone else and still win even if he has a great game.

It'll be interesting to see how the refs call this one. I'm expecting K-State to try to make it a slow, physical, ugly game. We've seen Collins struggle in those situations, but if we get them in foul trouble he should dominate. Worried that this will be a Clemson-like experience, but hopefully we can hit free throws and gut it out anyway.

Guaranteed.

I worry about the game being similar to our Clemson games as well, but the one thing I've noticed in watching K-State play is that they aren't very talented offensively in the half court. Clemson has a higher rated offense and Clemson was also on fire in our second game against them (we completely blew the first game). I really think this game comes down to how well we can execute our offense in the half court (avoiding turnovers, getting the ball to Collins, etc.) and if Arians/Wilbekin/Dinos can knock down open threes. If we do that I think we score 75-80+ and I don't see them outscoring us.

Let's hope it's more Ga Tech and less Clemson.

The best way to prevent a team from slowing the game down to a pace you are not comfortable with is to score early. If Wake can build an early 8-10 point lead then suddenly the opponent is going to kick it up a notch to try & catch up. If we struggle to score early, then we could be in a spot like the Pitt game where we are at 24 pts at halftime.

I expect Wake to be more fired up & come out scoring. If they get to 80 they should win the game.

The best way to prevent a team from slowing the game down to a pace you are not comfortable with is to score early. If Wake can build an early 8-10 point lead then suddenly the opponent is going to kick it up a notch to try & catch up. If we struggle to score early, then we could be in a spot like the Pitt game where we are at 24 pts at halftime.

I expect Wake to be more fired up & come out scoring. If they get to 80 they should win the game.

I'm pretty sure the Pitt game was the one in which Collins won the opening tip and then did not touch the ball again on our first 5 possessions. Hopefully we will have a plan on how to attack KSU's defense from the start, including feeding the ball to Collins which should begin the process of trying to win the foul war.

I guarantee KSU will get the ball to the man Collins is guarding early and often.

We should run every time we touch the ball. Force the pace.

What's interesting is in spite of their wanting to play so slowly, our O/U is much higher than the other three games. Even with the 4 point drop, it's still eight clear of the next highest over 16-18 more than the other two games.

The game is a pick to -1 everywhere because the teams are so even. Iwundu will be a tough matchup for WF, but JC is a tough match up for K State. Need Arians and the rest of our shooters to hit open shots from deep.

WF has trended upward over the last few weeks (many people claim the Duke is the best team in the country right now, a couple weeks ago, WF was down 1 with the ball and a minute to go in Cameron). WF can play with anyone.

Very geeked for tonight's game. Just feels good to be relevant in basketball again. Heading into the season, not many expected WF to playing in the NCAAs this year. Well, WF is. Everyone should enjoy it.
Yea. I feel strangely good about our team and tonight's game, and for me our games against Duke have a lot to do with that. I've told a few relatively serious college basketball (but non-Wake) fans that we scored 94 points in Cameron and both of their reactions were: "Wait, the game went to OT, right?" I think even we underestimate how potent our offense is.

I get the feeling Arians is going to go off tonight. Again. Please let it happen.

Back