• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report for Notre Dame - Saturday 3 pm ACC Network

It’s a combination of coaching and effort. Someone has to come help when Doral hedges and his man gets to the basket - like Donovan Mitchell did when he blocked a dunk attempt. So yeah, it’s a combo of coaching and player effort/awareness. Bad combo
Why does he have to hedge? It wears him out...can’t he stay around the basket. Maybe the Notre dame guy would have missed a jumper. He sure didn’t miss any of the dunks.

wake is now 346 out of 351 in luck, which is really clutchness factor.

Yeah I agree. I’m not going to make a judgement on that though because I’m not in the bench. I can’t imagine Doral would sit if he could play. The guy legitimately looked like he was about to keel over before he got taken out. Didn’t run down the floor after a change of possession, then hunched over propping himself up on his knees gasping for breath.

what kind of cigarettes does Doral Moore smoke? and how many packs a day?

We are the 4th best 3PG shooting team in the ACC, but shoot about 5% when it comes to winning time.

Up until the 8 minute mark, this was one of the best games of the year. You could just see it happening from then on. Nothing but jumpers and players getting tight.

It should be no surprise that we tank at the end of games. Just take note of the shot selection after Wake went up 9 on ND. Yet when asked about this topic the coach replies "you can't hit a shot you don't take." Sounds like the classic pick up game chucker. The cherry on top of the debacle is that coach had all that time to draw up a game winning play and it is a failure to even inbound the ball. Par for the course.

Why does he have to hedge? It wears him out...can’t he stay around the basket. Maybe the Notre dame guy would have missed a jumper. He sure didn’t miss any of the dunks.

Yeah I mean I’d rather give up a slightly contested three than a dunk all day. But I’d think it’s more of Matt Farrell coming off and nailing a three if Doral sags back in the paint on a screen. I’d definitely take the Cuse strategy where you force people to shoot a ton of threes and live or die by it.

The rotations/help on D are bad.

It should be no surprise that we tank at the end of games. Just take note of the shot selection after Wake went up 9 on ND. Yet when asked about this topic the coach replies "you can't hit a shot you don't take." Sounds like the classic pick up game chucker. The cherry on top of the debacle is that coach had all that time to draw up a game winning play and it is a failure to even inbound the ball. Par for the course.

Did he really say that? No way anyone is that dumb?

Sorry kenpom hadn't updated. Now 349 out of 351.

Except it was a play to tie the game and the odds of us getting a 3 off when ND had only 5 fouls was about zero.

Crawford with the TO at the 45 second mark. Man. He absolutely gets brain cramps in crunch time. Chill defended Farrel's 3 as well as he could. The inbound with 3 seconds left was bad though. The 7-minute stretch with zero points was awful. Crawford hunted his own shot at least once. We had a couple open 3's not go down. But those are the moments when you've got to drive and get a bucket or a foul. And we needed to run something to make that happen.

Crawford mailed it in today. Coasted the first half even before that second foul

Except it was a play to tie the game and the odds of us getting a 3 off when ND had only 5 fouls was about zero.

I stand corrected it was a play to tie the game. You may be able to accept the ending but I can't. Chill was going to throw the ball to Mitch who started under the basket but it was nearly a 5 second call once he ran out past the 3 point line. Just an epic fail.

With 2 seconds on the shot clock we had Sarr and Childress in a locked-down double team behind the NBA 3 point line. Sarr had zero awareness of the shot clock, backed off Farrell, game over.

Leading up to that, after Woods took a forced fade-away jumper down 5 during Notre Dame's run, we took 5 consecutive uncontested 3's. Of course we went 0 for 5 on them (Chill missed 2, Sarr 1, Craw 1, Brown 1).

Statistically, we could have run the shot clock down to 1 on each possession and tossed a shot from half court and done better. And this is ignoring the 0% from deep, 6 point performance Crawford vomited up.

It'd be hard to believe if it wasn't routine for us. I was watching with a buddy and right before tip I told him we'd keep it close till the end but Farrell would bury us because we have no clutch players. Unreal.

Not at all sure if it is coaching or poor players. But it is true that once we got up 9 we stopped doing what got us up 9. Almost like going into a prevent defense. Id Crawford was only 1/2 the player he thinks he is we would have a wining record. We are up and ND makes a bucket, then Crawford misses a wide open 3 and then throws the ball away. We almost look like we are playing a prevent defense in football. Stop driving stop moving the ball and now we dribble and slowing throw the ball around and finally with 8 secs to go on the shot clock jack up a 3 that is an airball. Manning needs to make these guys continue to execute the plan-- forget about hero ball. This season when BC tries to take over a game at crunch time he usually fails-- keep to the plan. Put Woods at the FT line and let him hit mid range jumpers all game long-- but no-- all of sudden everyone wants to launch a three ball-- just dumb and Manning has allowed it to happen all year. Plenty of fault to go around. But the only thing that can change is to get rid of DM

Damn! Great ball game until the 8 minute mark. Guys played with passion (most) and poise. Notre Dame goes down 8 or 9 and Brey immediately calls a TO before the 8 min. break. Danny watches us toss shots at the rim and calls zero timeouts to stop the Irish run... Incredible. Couple that w/Moore out the whole time at the end of the game and you're probably going to lose. The players missed open shots, but sadly Danny just isn't getting it.

We had the ball with 1 minute left & I was preaching we better get 2 for 1. Wake actually managed to not shoot the ball in that entire minute.
Also don’t blame a time keeper. Brey was never going to let us shoot a 3 with 5 teamfouls. Key shot a ball after the other team quit due to the whistle.

Back