• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - L'ville Cardinals - Wednesday 9 pm - ESPN2

" Manning, if nothing else, is stubborn as a mule." Truer words were never written. He is stubborn and really egotistic. After all he is the greatest player ever in high school, college and the pros and you should never forget it. He is just like Wellman--knows more than everyone else in the world!

That Louisville win I remember Donovan Mitchell had a horrible shooting night, missing open shots he usually made.

Entered the game averaging 22 points/game in his previous 9 games.

Scored 7 that night on 2-9 | 1-8 3s. Fouled out but played 30 minutes.

I mean, we only lost by 10 to Louisville on the road. That's a good loss, no?

I didn't watch the game. I forgot to even check the score until this morning. But whoever said that a 50 point second half for Louisville was inevitable nailed it. You could set your watch by it.

Last night was simply a perfect game in my mind. We played great against a very good team. We should hold our head high. On top of that, good to very good coaching adjustments by Mack at halftime while we stood pat (again) to lose the 2nd half by 24 points.

These 2nd half collapses are predictable. I bet my wife Louisville would take the lead back at the 15 minute mark and I was off by one minute. It was fun watching the 1st half and I didn't even watch the 2nd half. Just fast forwarded to the point we went down in order to win the bet. My wife bet 10 minutes and she's not a sports fan.

These continued collapses despite some signs of development amongst both bigs, Brown and maybe Mucius make the job slightly more attactive to the next coach. The Charlotte Observer article makes the liklihood of a coaching change incrementally higher at the end of the season.

I sort of get why Currie didn't immediately make a change I suppose, but I don't see how he gets away with punting this another year come March. Seems less and less plausible. Plus, he's had 12 months to chat up our donors to find ways to pay Manning to go away.

Manning's body language on the sideline last night was interesting. He actually jumped up and called a timeout in the 1st half when we fucked up a defensive switch. I think that was the first time I have ever seen him do that. He even walked 4 or 5 feet onto the court as he was calling the timeout. I honestly didn't watch the 2nd half so not sure if he remained that engaged throughout the game.

Last edited:
Manning was out coached big time. L-ville played crap defense in the first half.

All I could think was what could have been for WFU hoops if we had hired Chris Mack instead of Mannequin.

If "ifs and buts" were cherries and nuts, we would all have a merry fuckin Christmas!

102 games total. I imagine 45-55 of those were against teams under .500. That means Manning is under .500 against ACC teams that were under .500.

not counting this year, Manning has the following records in ACC play:

Regular Season
vs. .500+ 5-44
vs. .500 2-6
vs. .500- 17-16 (6-2 in 2016-17; at or below .500 every other year)

ACC Tournament
vs. .500+ 0-1
vs. .500 0-0
vs. .500- 1-4

Combined
vs. .500+ 5-45
vs. .500 2-6
vs. .500- 18-20

Last edited:
Man, that record says it all. Please, Currie, make it stop!

not counting this year, Manning has the following records in ACC play:

Regular Season
vs. .500+ 5-44
vs. .500 2-6
vs. .500- 17-16 (6-2 in 2016-17; at or below .500 every other year)

ACC Tournament
vs. .500+ 0-1
vs. .500 0-0
vs. .500- 1-4

Combined
vs. .500+ 5-45
vs. .500 2-6
vs. .500- 18-20

Doormat status.

Whomever takes over this rebuild, we need to find ways to start beating GT, Miami, Pitt , BC, Clemson consistently. Credibility first, big wins later.

Dan Dakich is a clown.

Didn't watch the game, but I have no problem with him ripping on our program. Hopefully, it is helpful.

But he's still a clown.

I particularly liked his comment about Brandon trying to throw the ball in under the basket.

This season,
WF has won games with the following standing at halftime:
led Columbia by 1
led UNCA by 5
led Davidson by 3
led CoC by 2
led Cal State by 7
led Xavier by 9 (outscored by 7 in second)
led NC A&T by 7
trailed Pitt by 3
led BC by 7
led Clemson by 3

WF has lost games with the following standing at halftime:
trailed BC by 15
tied with Charlotte (also tied at end of reg. - lost in OT)
trailed Arizona by 6
trailed Penn State by 18
trailed NC State by 9
trailed FSU by 7
trailed Duke by 26
trailed VT by 2
led Clemson by 6 (lost by 3)
led UVA by 7 (tied at end of reg - lost in OT)
led ND by 5 (lost by 10)
led UL by 12 (lost by 10)

So losing leads after halftime is actually a recent development, with each of the last 4 games involving that (and being the only games this season that it has occurred - although Xavier did make a run earlier this season). On a related note, WF is not great at overcoming a halftime deficit, having won only one game this season where they entered the second half losing. Conference games are bolded.

I particularly liked this analysis, so I decided to expand on it. I took a look at all ACC games under Danny Manning in which the Deacs held a halftime lead:

We had the lead at the half in 16 wins and also in 25 losses.

The 25 losses includes losing games in which we had a halftime lead of 12, 10, 8, and 7 (4 times).

The worst losses for the Deacs would be last night (swing of 22 points), vs clemson in 2015-2016 (swing of 22 points), @ UVA in 2016-17 (swing of 18 points), @FSU in 2016-17 (swing of 17 points), and @ ND this year (swing of 15 points).

Here's the data for those that would like to be sad:

2019-2020
Vs Clemson: Led at half by 3, won by 12
Vs BC: Led at half by 7, won by 18

@ Clemson: Led at half by 6, lost by 3
Vs UVA: led at half by 7, lost by 2
@ ND: Led at half by 5, lost by 10
@ UL: Led at half by 12, lost by 10

2018-2019
VS NCSU: Led at half by 15, won by 4
@ Miami: Led at half by 1, lost by 11
Vs BC: led at half by 4, lost by 4
Vs FSU: Led at half by 7, lost by 8

2017-2018
Vs GT: Led at half by 12, won by 17
@NCSU: Led at half by 5, lost by 9
@UVA: Led at half by 2, lost by 10
@ND: Led at half by 5, lost by 5

2016-2017
Neutral site BC: Led at half by 6, won by 14
Vs NCSU: Led at half by 20, won by 30
Vs GT: Led at half by 6, won by 12
@ BC: Led at half by 3, won by 5
Vs Miami: Led at half by 14, won by 17

@ FSU: Led at half by 1, lost by 16
Vs Clemson: Led at half by 5, lost by 5
@ UVA: Led at half by 1, lost by 17
@ Cuse: Led at half by 3, lost by 5
Vs Duke: Led at half by 10, lost by 2
@ ND: Led at half by 5, lost by 7
Neutral site VT: Led at half by 7, lost by 9

2015-2016
Vs BC: Led at half by 27, won by 26
Vs NCSU: Led at half by 2, won by 3

Vs UVA: Led at half by 2, lost by 1
Vs Clemson: Led at half by 8, lost by 14
@ GT: Led at half by 4, lost by 5
Neutral Site: NCSU: Led by 1 at half, lost by 3

2014-2015
Vs Pitt: Led at half by 2, won by 3
Vs Miami: Led at half by 9, won by 2
Vs NCSU: Led at half by 21, won by 4
Vs VT: Led at half by 4, won by 3
Vs GT: Led at half by 5, won by 7

@ Cuse: Led at half by 1, lost by 3
@ Clemson: Led at half by 6, lost by 2
@ FSU: Led at half by 6, lost by 6
@ UVA: Led at half by 7, lost by 1

TLDR: We have lost 60.98% of ACC games under Danny Manning in which we held the lead at halftime (25/41). Make of that what you will

Turns out Danny needed a 23 pt half time lead to pull the big road upset.:tard:

You know you've got problems when even though you're team is up 12 at half (not a huge lead the way the game is played now, but you should win most of those regardless of who you're playing) and with every fiber in your being, you knew there was no way your team was going to win. I don't mean thinking, "well we'll probably lose, but at least there's a chance we might hold on," no I mean no chance at all. That's where I was last night.

I particularly liked his comment about Brandon trying to throw the ball in under the basket.

Minutes before that Dakich had commented what a good coach Manning was. He had to back peddle after seeing Brandon attempting unsuccessfully to inbound the ball.

Back